|Type||Furniture – Mechanism|
|Dimensions||1 wide ˣ 2 high|
|Grants buff||Heart Lamp (buff)|
|Buff duration||infinite while in vicinity|
|Buff tooltip||Life regen is increased|
- See also: Lanterns
The Heart Lantern is a unique variant of Lantern (a hanging furniture item) that emits moderate light while also providing the Heart Lamp health regeneration buff. It must be hung from the underside of blocks, like other Lanterns. The Lantern is also a Mechanism that can be toggled if Wired. Toggling it off will only deactivate the light source, but not the buff.
The buff applies to players standing within its roughly 48-tile radius, providing a boost in health regeneration similar to the one granted by Campfires. The regeneration buffs from both items will stack together to provide a greater regeneration boost. They will each also slow the effects of damaging debuffs (such as Poisoned and On Fire!), and being within range of both items stacks this slowing effect.
- The Heart Lantern is a viable light source for NPC housing, despite its low light level.
- The healing effect is uniform for all tiles within its range, and is unaffected by distance or "obstructive" blocks and walls.
- NPCs are unaffected by the healing effect.
- The healing effect stacks with the Campfire for a maximum of about 10 health/sec.
- As with the Campfire, it may be useful to have one in your hotbar in dangerous areas, so you can place it easily for quicker regeneration.
- It is also useful to have one placed permanently in your base, along with a Campfire.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced.