The Hellforge is a crafting station that incorporates the same functions as a regular Furnace, additionally being able to smelt Hellstone into Hellstone Bars. It is also used to craft the essential Adamantite/Titanium Forge in Hardmode.
Hellforges cannot be crafted, and are found in Ruined Houses in The Underworld. Hellforges in the Underworld can be collected with a Platinum Pickaxe or better, or by destroying the blocks below it. Hellforges above the Underground layer can be moved with any pickaxe.
The Hellforge also functions as a Furnace.
- In the Console version, Hellforges can spawn just above the Underworld.
- The sprite appears to have a temperature gauge on the right side.
- Even though the Hellforge looks like a furnace and acts like one, it cannot be crafted and must be found or taken from other players. Many people have been confused.
- 1.2.3: Can no longer be used to drain water.
- 1.2: Sprite updated. Now requires a pickaxe instead of a hammer to be moved.
- 1.0.4: Hellforges above the rock layer can be moved with any Hammer, but below require a 60% power hammer or stronger.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.