A Hellforge is a crafting station that incorporates the same functions as a regular Furnace with the additional bonus of being able to smelt Hellstone into Hellstone Bars. It is also used to craft the essential Adamantite/Titanium Forge in Hardmode.
It is found in The Underworld and can be moved above ground. Hellforges in the Underworld require a 60% power pickaxe (Nightmare Pickaxe or Deathbringer Pickaxe) or better, or by destroying the blocks below it, which is the only way to obtain Hellforges if you don't have a strong enough pickaxe yet. Hellforges above the Underground layer can be moved with any pickaxe.
 Used in
 Used to craft
- Hellforges are commonly used to drain a large body of water or even oceans. To do so you have to dig a small hole (3 blocks wide, 4 blocks deep) under water and then close the ceiling. After that you need to drain the small hole of water, place a Hellforge at the bottom and pour a bucket of lava on it. Then you can destroy the ceiling to let the water drain. This is because the Hellforge prevents it from forming obsidian, so the water disappears.
- The sprite seems to have a temperature gauge on the right side
- 1.2: Now require a pickaxe instead of a hammer to be moved. Has a new sprite.
- Console-Release: Hellforges are now found in The Underworld.
- 1.0.4: Hellforges above the rock layer can be moved with any Hammer, but below require a 60% power hammer or stronger.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.