| Hermes Boots
|| Accessory – Crafting material
| Max stack
|| The wearer can run super fast.
The in-game animation of the Hermes Boots.
Hermes Boots are an accessory that can be found in Underground and Underground Jungle Chests. When equipped, they allow the player to gain a speed boost after running for a certain distance continuously. Your speed will continue increasing until maximum speed is attained. At full sprint, they will increase your horizontal movement speed by ~40%. (See Sprinting accessories for more information on the sprint effect.)
For the PC version of Terraria, the Hermes Boots and the Flurry Boots have identical functionality.
 Used in
When running while speed boosted, you can fall down a 1-block wide hole if you hit a wall.
Bug 5232 (Android):
When you run on the bottom of an ocean floor up or down a block with Hermes Boots, you will randomly get damaged. (When killed, the chat says "<Player name> was massacred." but the tombstone says "<Player name>'s flailing about was stopped." Might be another bug.)
- The slow debuff only affects your regular movement speed, not your maximum movement speed, thus when running with the Hermes Boots while slowed, your final speed will be unaffected, though it will take longer to get there.
- Hermes Boots, as well as Flurry Boots, are particularly useful for speedruns, as they can greatly shorten running time.
- One can engage the speed ability of the boots immediately on a flat or relatively flat surface by shooting a single-lined grappling hook in front of them at the ground in the desired direction (while simultaneously using the movement keys to move that direction) and immediately pressing space to disengage the hook, using the speed of the grappling hook as a jump start for the boots. You get a faster jump start by shooting it closer to yourself, however the closer to you shoot the hook the harder it is to disengage it in time.
- This item has similar functionality to the Pegasus boots from The Legend of Zelda games.
- Hermes Boots are a reference to "Hermes", the Greek messenger of the Gods, known for his winged sandals and incredible speed.