Hornets are powerful flying enemies found only in the Underground Jungle. They follow the standard Flying AI, floating just out of reach and then charging the player, while also firing stingers which have a 1 in 3 chance to poison the player for 10 seconds. These projectiles can NOT be destroyed with weapons and travel at about the same speed as the darts from a Dart Trap.
Big Stinger is a bigger version of the Hornet and Little Stinger is a smaller one. As with the Eater of Souls variants, the Big Stingers are larger and tougher than standard Hornets, while the Little Stingers are smaller and weaker. In the console version, there are Dragon Hornets which are slightly tougher than their PC counterparts.
Big Stingers, Little Stingers and Hornets are immune to the Poisoned debuff.
- 1.1: Melee damage reduced from 45/38/32 to 40/34/28 respectively.
- Poisonous stinger projectile added.
- Hornets are now correctly unable to enter water.
- Should not enter water from now on.
- Doesn't make a splash sound when hitting water.
- Variants Big Stinger and Little Stinger introduced.
- Hornets no longer drop Jungle armor, which is instead crafted by the player.
- 1.0.4: Hornets no longer appear as if they are about to flip over while flying.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.