is a wing
that allows the player to fly and glide, as all wings do. It also offers the added ability to "hover" by holding
. Hovering offers a horizontal speed boost, and otherwise operates similarly to the Flying Carpet
, allowing horizontal movement while remaining at a fixed height in mid-air. Hovering consumes flight time, just like flying would.
- The equipping mechanics of the Hoverboard follow the same rules as all Wings, meaning they don't stack with other Wings, and wearing another Wing type in a slot above the Hoverboard will use the upper Wings' statistics and abilities instead. Equipping any Wing in a vanity slot will cancel the Hoverboard graphic.
- Has a flight range of 172 feet (86 blocks), the same as Festive Wings.
- Unlike a lot of accessories, the hoverboard will dye brilliant colors (as will Shroomite Armor)- a dye paired with Silver Dye (note: NOT a bright dye) will invert the colors of the hoverboard. A dye paired with Black Dye will cause the original sprite's silver trimming to be black. The flames will change colors too.
- It is impossible to hover or boost fast in mobile, unless you have a Bluetooth controller, which you would need a adapter for. However, it is possible to do with the confused debuff.
- Although Hoverboard is not on the back of player, it will still hide capes if visible.
- On the version, it is possible to hover forever. This is possible through jumping with a Blue Horseshoe Balloon equipped and not using the cloud double jump, but instead hovering immediately. It is possible to hover forever, but it's not possible to rise forever. It may take some practice before the player could do it for a practical use, because if the player starts hovering too soon, it will fail, and if the player hovers too late, they will hover and sink as if gliding.
- Hover speed is faster than Boulders or even Demon Scythes.
- When hovering whilst swinging a sword that stops the player from changing directions, such as the Excalibur and The Axe, the Hoverboard will not change directions either.
- While hovering, a full set of Shroomite Armor will still turn invisible as long as the player doesn't move while in that state. This effectively allows the player to create a temporary safe place to turn invisible for a few seconds.
- The concept of the hoverboard was first widely popularized with the Back to the Future movie franchise, especially Back to the Future Part II.
- The hoverboard may also be a reference to Sonic Riders, as the hoverboard closely resembles Sonic's board.
- 1.2.4: Fixed the exploit where you could have infinite Hoverboard hovering time. This was done by hovering between two double-jumps provided by other accessories (such as the Bundle of Balloons).
- 1.2.3: Made hoverboard not appear on a mount. Fixed hoverboard bug where you could walk on air while in reverse gravity.
- 126.96.36.199: Introduced.