Hunter Potion is a buff potion which buffs the player with Hunter. The buff shows the location of enemies on your screen by highlighting them and making them glow in a red light, if you would be unable to see them otherwise. This lasts for 5 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon. Although the enemies glow, they do not actually emit any light to the surrounding area.
These can be quite difficult to manually craft - you need a Shark Fin for each one. However, they can rarely be found in Pots and Chests and Shark Statues can make this a much easier process.
- Hunter Potions are very useful for locating rare monsters such as Mimics, Nymphs and Cyan Beetles, or critters such as Truffle Worms and Mice.
- Bound NPCs like the Goblin Tinkerer and the Tavernkeep will be highlighted green under the effect of this potion, making locating them much easier as well.
- This potion has great utility when fighting burrowing worm enemies such as the Eater of Worlds, making it possible to see them underground and anticipate their attacks.
- Hunter potions can also be used to locate pocket caves underground by searching for enemies that spawn inside them.
- Certain enemies such as Wraiths will not be made any more visible by this potion.
- 188.8.131.52: Sprite updated.
- 1.2.3: Now makes enemies glow red and makes them not emit any light.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.