is a buff potion
the player with Hunter
. The buff shows the location of enemies
on your screen by highlighting them and making them glow in a red light, if you would be unable to see them otherwise. This lasts for 5 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon. Although the enemies glow, they do not actually emit any light to the surrounding area.
These can be quite difficult to manually craft - you need a Shark Fin for each one. However, they can rarely be found in Pots and Chests
The Hunter Potion highlights all NPCs, not just enemies.
- This potion is very useful when fighting the Eater of Worlds or any other worm enemy, as you can see where they are coming from and dodge their attack/plan your attack.
- It can be used to discover caverns while mining by looking for enemies.
- It is useful to note that it can be used to find bound NPCs that need to be rescued.
- It is useful in finding the small and rare enemies which drop dye materials such as the Cyan Beetle.
- Hunter potions can also be used to find mimics in hard mode.
- 1.2.3: Now makes enemies glow red and makes them not emit any light.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.