|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|Type||Block – Crafting material|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 664|
|Internal Tile ID: 161|
Ice Blocks are a common block type found alongside Snow Blocks in the Snow Biome and Underground Snow biome. They can be mined with a pickaxe or drill. Walking on Ice Blocks causes players to slide. This effect can be mitigated by equipping Ice Skates or other accessories crafted from them.
Ice Blocks can be converted into three other variants via the spread of biomes:
- Hallow spreads onto Ice to create Pink Ice Blocks
- Corruption spreads onto Ice to create Purple Ice Blocks
- Crimson spreads onto Ice to create Red Ice Blocks
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Note that only normal Ice Blocks can be used in crafting. Pink, Purple and Red Ice Blocks cannot be used in conjunction with, or as a substitute to, Ice Blocks.
Used in[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.3: Used to craft Frozen furniture and lighting.
- 1.2.1: Used to craft Frozen Slime Block.
- 1.2: Introduced.