|Use time||29 (Average)|
The Inferno Fork is a Hardmode, post-Plantera Magic Weapon that fires a moderately slow moving fireball which will deal initial damage before exploding into a large, damaging cloud of fire which lasts for several seconds, and always inflicts the On Fire! debuff to entities that aren't immune. It is rarely dropped by Diabolists in the post-Plantera Dungeon.
Like most Magic weapons, its best Modifier is Mythical.
- Unlike most fire-based weapons, the Inferno Fork works under water.
- The initial fireball will not pass through solid blocks, but the resulting blast can hit enemies on the other side of walls.
- The Inferno Fork pairs extremely well with the Spectre Armor. The large area of the inferno will hit most enemies several times, with each hit providing healing from the armor set bonus. This is very effective against bosses such as The Destroyer or the Golem, as it will hit multiple parts of the boss.
- The Inferno Fork can be used to battle huge amounts of enemies at once due to the lingering cloud its fireballs create. This can be exceptionally useful during invasion scenarios or if the player is being overwhelmed by large groups of foes.
- If paired with the best magic enhancer, it can easily defeat any Hardmode boss as it will deal great damage over time and has a large area of damage. Inferno Fork can outclass the Shadowbeam Staff, since the Staff requires some Arena preparation to maximize damage rate, while the Inferno Fork will be just as effective in either a prepared arena or a natural landscape. It also has more range than the Shadowbeam Staff.
- The explosion of inferno closely resembles "Flare", a recurring spell from the Final Fantasy series.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hercules Beetle • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Necromantic Scroll • Papyrus Scarab • Pygmy Necklace • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor • Tiki armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|