|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||29 (Average)|
|Inflicts debuff||On Fire!|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Internal Item ID: 1445|
The Inferno Fork is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that fires a moderately slow moving fireball which will deal initial damage before exploding into a large, damaging cloud of fire which lasts for several seconds, and always inflicts the On Fire! debuff to entities that aren't immune. It has a 5% / 7.5% (1/20 / 1/13 ) chance to drop from Diabolists found in the post-Plantera Dungeon.
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most fire-based weapons, the Inferno Fork works under water, but the speed of projectiles is reduced.
- The initial fireball will not pass through solid blocks, but the resulting blast can hit enemies on the other side of walls.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Inferno Fork pairs extremely well with the Spectre armor. The large area of the inferno will hit most enemies several times, with each hit providing healing from the armor set bonus. This is very effective against bosses such as The Destroyer or Golem, as it will hit multiple parts of the boss.
- The Inferno Fork can be used to easily battle huge amounts of enemies at once due to the lingering cloud its fireballs create. This cloud can be exceptionally useful during invasion scenarios, or if the player is being overwhelmed by large groups of foes. If used with the correct timing, it can actually kill The Destroyer in a few hits.
- If paired with a good enhancer, it can easily defeat any early Hardmode boss as it will deal great damage over time and has a large area of effect. Inferno Fork can outclass the Shadowbeam Staff, since the Staff requires some Arena preparation to maximize damage rate, while the Inferno Fork will be just as effective in either a prepared arena or a natural landscape. It also has more range than the Shadowbeam Staff.
- The Inferno Fork can be acquired through farming enemies in the Dungeon. A farm can be set up with lava and flame and dart traps. The player can sit in a box to protect themself from the enemies, and allow the traps to do all the work.