| PC-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the PC version of Terraria.
The Inferno Fork is a hardmode magic weapon which is rarely dropped by Diabolists in the Dungeon. It fires a moderately slow moving fireball which will deal initial damage before exploding into a large, damaging cloud of fire which lasts for several seconds. It also has 100% chance of inflicting the On Fire! debuff if the target isn't immune to it. If paired with the best magic enhancer, it can easily defeat any hardmode boss as it will deal great damage over time and has a large area of damage. Inferno Fork can outclass the Shadowbeam Staff since the shadowbeam staff needs preparation to help it bounce off walls (to maximize DPS and effectiveness), while the Inferno Fork will be just as effective in either in a prepared arena or a natural landscape. It also has more range than the Shadowbeam Staff, which is a huge factor.
- Like most other Magic weapons, the best modifier is Mythical.
- Unlike most fire-based weapons, the Inferno Fork works underwater.
- The initial fireball will not pass through solid blocks, but the resulting blast can hit enemies on the other side of walls.
If a foe is being damaged by the inferno ball, then extra projectiles pass through them instead of making contact and exploding.
The Inferno Fork's projectile cannot travel through solid blocks, even though the Diabolist's projectile can.
When using Inferno Fork to kill Ice Golem
, the projectiles are less visible, sometimes totally invisible.
- The Inferno Fork pairs extremely well with the Spectre Armor. The large area of the inferno will hit most enemies several times, with each hit providing healing from the armor set bonus. This is very effective against bosses such as The Destroyer or the Golem, as it will hit multiple parts of the boss.
- The Inferno Fork can be used to battle huge amounts of enemies at once due to the lingering cloud its fireballs create. This can be exceptionally useful during invasion scenarios or if the player is being overwhelmed by large groups of foes.