The Jungle is a surface biome composed primarily of Grass, Vines, Mud, and Jungle Trees, with a dark green background. Jungle Trees grow automatically on Jungle Grass found there, though traditional Acorns can also be planted. The Underground Jungle is found just below the Jungle, beginning at cavern depths.
The Jungle is one of the more challenging surface biomes, especially for those just entering Hardmode. Jungle enemies have much more health and deal more damage than those typically found in other surface areas.
Players can seed new Jungle areas by planting Jungle Grass Seeds in Mud blocks. Jungle Grass spreads much more slowly than ordinary grass. A Jungle biome will activate once a minimum of 80 Mud blocks are covered with Jungle Grass.
The Jungle becomes substantially harder during Hardmode. Additionally, there is a danger that the Jungle can be completely overtaken by the spread of Corruption/Crimson once Hardmode has been in effect for some time, making essential Jungle items more difficult to acquire. Defeating Plantera will slow the spread of Corruption/Crimson and Hallow by 33%. at Hardmode.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Drops||For Sale|
During the day:
During the night:
| From vegetation:
From Spiked Jungle Slimes:
| From Dr. Bones:
From Angry Trappers
From Angler Fish
From Giant Tortoises
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Players should have at least silver/tungsten armor when visiting the Jungle. (Shadow/Crimson for Underground Jungle)
- While silver/tungsten armor is recommended, if you start your mines and/or base in the jungle, you can get some fairly high tier armor and weapons early on, at the downside of dying quite often, making it difficult to save up money. (This is not recommended for newer players.)
- The Jungle will always be on the side of the map opposite the Dungeon and the Snow Biome.
- In Hardmode, all enemies in the Jungle have a chance of dropping a Jungle Key Mold.
- In order to spawn Plantera, the player must have defeated The Twins, The Destroyer and Skeletron Prime.
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Pre-Hardmode Jungle enemies now have a small chance of spawning in the Hardmode Jungle.
- 1.2: Now contains Bee Hive mini biomes.
- 1.1: Now has own specific background.
- 1.0.4: Introduced.
| Game mechanics|
|Attack Speed • Breath meter • Buffs • By hand • Consumable • Crafting station • Critical hit • Damage • Data IDs • Day/Night • Death • Debuffs • Defense • Difficulty • Environment • Event • Fall Damage • Game controls • Ghost • Health • Inventory • Knockback • Lighting mode • Mana • Map Size • Minimap • Minions • Modifier • Moon • Music • NPC drops • NPC Spawning • Placement • Player stats • Rarity • Spawn • Storage • Use time • Value • Velocity|