Jungle Grass Seeds
|Jungle Grass Seeds|
|Type||Seed – Crafting material|
|Internal Item ID: 195|
The Jungle Grass Seeds are a type of Seeds that can be planted in Mud Blocks to grow Jungle Grass, for creating an artificial Jungle or Underground Jungle, depending on the depth. Seeds can be found by cutting grass in jungle environments using any tool or weapon.
An artificial jungle will become inhabited with the respective enemies. Snatchers and Jungle Slimes will be found closer to the surface, while Hornets and Man Eaters will inhabit Underground Jungle depths, with Piranhas and Jungle Bats being found throughout.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Farming Underground Jungles[edit | edit source]
It is possible to find rare items such as Nature's Gifts and Jungle Roses in a player-made underground jungle. The seeds can be obtained by destroying tall jungle grass (the small pieces sticking out of the ground, not the mud block that has grass growing on it) which is found in the Underground Jungle.
The most efficient setup for creating an Underground Jungle "farm" for harvesting Jungle Spores and Jungle Seeds, in addition to Nature's Gifts and Jungle Roses, is to place a floor of jungle grass, and a ceiling 3 blocks in height. On the next layer up, do the same, but this time also add a middle layer so you have 3 lines with 1 space between each, and repeat. You can then harvest it easily by using a Muramasa, Blade of Grass, hammer or similar long reaching weapon or tool to harvest all 3 layers (the one you stand on and the two above it). Note that some items will get stuck above, but will be collected as you rise up the farm layers.
This method is sometimes questioned due to the vines that can hang down and prevent some items spawning. However, in Underground Jungle biomes, grass and roses seem to grow faster than vines, so this should result in better yields in a smaller space than a simple 3 block high tunnel farm. An additional row of Wood Platforms right under the ceiling will prevent vines from growing altogether, while also letting the players enter without increasing the height of the farm.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Jungle Grass will not create an Underground Jungle environment when planted just below ground level (zero depth). Underground Jungles start around 90 feet below ground in a small World, and 630 feet in a large World.
- Jungle Grass grows at a rate comparable to Mushroom Grass, which is much slower than ordinary Grass.
- It is possible to "convert" Mushroom Grass Seeds into Jungle Grass Seeds if the planted mushroom grass is sprayed with Green Solution. This will turn the mushroom grass into jungle grass. This can be convenient if you've got a surplus of Mushroom Grass Seeds and want Jungle Grass Seeds instead.
History[edit | edit source]
- 184.108.40.206: Can now be auto-reused.
- 1.0.3: A bug was fixed that prevented Jungle Grass Seeds from ever being dropped.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.