Biome Key Mold
|Biome Key Mold|
- For tips on obtaining Key Molds, see Guide:Harvesting Key Molds.
Biome Key Molds are extremely rare Hardmode crafting materials used to craft Biome Keys, which open Biome Chests. During Hardmode, every enemy has a 0.04% (1 in 2500) chance of dropping a Biome Key Mold. The type of Biome Key Mold that is dropped depends on the biome you are currently in (Jungle, Corruption, Crimson, Hallow or Snow). Any mold can drop in Ocean biomes.
- Unlike real-world "molds", these are consumed in the crafting process and cannot be reused.
- Key molds can also be dropped by Bosses.
- It is possible to farm a Key Mold for a Biome Chest not generated in the Dungeon (either the Corruption Chest or Crimson Chest) by importing the biome from another world, such as via seeds, Unholy Water (for Corruption), the Clentaminator + Red / Purple Solution, or corrupted Blocks. This has little purpose, however.
- Molds are an extremely rare drop, and can take hours to farm. Note that there is a limit to the number of items that can remain dropped at once, so leaving a farm running for hours unattended can result in molds being dropped and then disappearing due to the limit being reached.
- Enemy spawn rates are higher during a Blood Moon, even underground, which makes a good time to farm for Molds. The Water Candle and Battle Potion also increase spawn rates.
- Terraria's server software (or turning off "Autopause" on single player) can help farm for rare drops like Biome Molds by allowing the game to run in the background.
| Biome Chests |
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|