|Use time||11 (Very Fast)|
|Wall of Flesh||1||16.67%|
The Laser Rifle is a Hardmode magic weapon that auto-fires blue lasers that emit purple light and penetrate multiple enemies for magic damage. It is sometimes dropped by the Wall of Flesh. The Laser Rifle is similar to the Space Gun, but fires more rapidly, its lasers travel faster, and it causes more damage and knockback. A direct upgrade from the laser rifle is the Heat Ray, a magic weapon that behaves similarily to the laser rifle, but it has hitscan and higher damage.
- The Laser Rifle can pierce through 2 enemies.
- This is a fairly powerful weapon against worms due to its penetration abilities and high fire rate (also making The Twins easier to hit) making good use of the time worms spend above ground, though the Megashark with endgame bullets will have higher DPS (damage per second).
- This weapon is also fairly mana-efficient, as it can easily snipe some lesser mobs.
- In PvP, due to its high fire rate, high damage, long range, high projectile speed, and high accuracy, it is extremely effective.
- In Boss fights this can easily butcher the Eater of Worlds, or if you can dodge attacks well, can be effective against The Destroyer.
- Its light, as with any other light emitting weapon, can be used while mining or exploring.
- If combined with a Mana Flower and lots of Greater Mana Potions it can be effective even against Hardmode enemies, since your Mana will automatically refill.
- A rifle is normally defined by its barrel being rifled, that is to say shaped with helical grooves which cause the projectile to spin. However, this technicality was often ignored in pulp magazines, resulting in terms such as "laser rifle" or "plasma rifle" to become part of popular culture.
 See Also
- Space Gun - a beam pistol that behaves similarly to the Laser Rifle.