The Lever is a 2x2 trigger for wiring activation. It is sold by the Mechanic. It can activate Statues, lights, etc. via right-clicking.
The Lever can be placed on any flat surface, the same as furniture, including on Wood Platforms. As of 1.2.3, it can also be placed on walls.
Despite its depiction as a switch with two positions, the Lever does not need to act as an on/off mechanism. When wired to Dart Traps, for example, right-clicking the Lever will always cause the Trap to shoot, the same as a Pressure Plate would, no matter which position the Lever happens to be in.
- The Lever is identical in operation to the Switch. The Lever is easier to see and activate though, as it provides a larger clicking target; whereas Switches can be more difficult to spot and click on due to being only a single tile in size.
- Paint can be used to identify what the lever is used for, as well as what each state does. By using a different colour for each side, the lever's two states can be coloured differently; this is particularly useful when the lever does something more complex than an "on/off" function, like switching a minecart track junction. Using non-deep paints will allow the ball to be recoloured while having minimal impact on the lever's arm and base.
- The inventory sprite shows it switched to the left side, although when you place it, it is switched to the right.
- On the Lever's sprite, the base appears to be the sprite of a Pressure Plate, but doesn't show any of the colors that can come from any of the actual pressure plates.
- 126.96.36.199: Updated sprite.
- 1.2.4: Fixed a bug where only one wire attached to a Lever would work when you flipped it.
- 188.8.131.52: Fixed bug that allowed levers to be placed and immediately broken.
- 1.2.3: Now placeable on walls.
- 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- 1.1: Introduced.