|Tooltip||Permanently increases maximum life by 20|
Life Crystals are obtained by smashing a Crystal Heart with a Pickaxe. Crystal Hearts are found in any underground biome, but are especially prevalent in the The Underworld. A player can use a total of 15 Life Crystals, increasing their life to 400. After this, trying to use a Crystal will result in the animation, but will have no effect and will not consume the Crystal. Therefore, they cannot be used to reach the health maximum of 500, and the player must instead collect Life Fruit from the Underground Jungle. Despite this, it is recommended to keep collecting Life Crystals, as they have a high sell value and can be used to craft Heart Lanterns.
The life crystal isn't crafted. It is found underground, and is a common item.
 Used in
In mobile, if clicked on but immediately switched out, your health will increase, but the Life Crystal will still be there, and one of the item you switched to is taken away.can't have more than 10 on mobile .
- In the alpha version, bosses dropped Life Crystals.
- Prior to the 1.2 update, this item was the only means of increasing a player's maximum health. Life Fruits were added in 1.2 to further increase a player's health.
- 1.2.3: Now unable to spawn in the Dungeon.
- 188.8.131.52: Can now be crafted into Heart Lantern.
- 1.1: Now sells for 1 gold and 50 silver.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.