|Use time||29 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Permanently increases maximum life by 5|
|Internal Item ID: 1291|
|Internal Tile ID: 236|
Life Fruits are a Hardmode type of plant that grows on Jungle Grass in the Underground Jungle. Once harvested and used, a Life Fruit permanently increases the player's health capacity by 5, turning one of the hearts in the player's health meter golden.
Life Fruits can only be used once a player has reached the 400 health cap from Life Crystals. On the Desktop version , Life Fruits will only grow after a Mechanical Boss has been defeated. On the Console and Mobile versions , Life Fruits can be found prior to defeating a Mechanical Boss, just in much smaller numbers; defeating a Mechanical Boss increases the amount that can grow.
A total of 20 Life Fruits are required to reach the maximum of 500 health capacity, at which point all of a player's hearts will be golden.
|Life Fruits Used|
| 1 used:
| 20 used:
Achievements[edit | edit source]
|Get a Life • "Consume a life fruit, which grows in the thick of subterranean jungle grass."|
|Consume a life fruit.|
|Topped Off • "Attain maximum health and mana possible without accessories or buffs."|
|Attain maximum health and mana.|
|Maxed Out • "You have the maximum health and mana!"|
|Max out your health and mana.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Life Fruits continuously spawn inside the Underground Jungle. This means that small player-made Underground Jungle biomes can spawn Life Fruits as well.
- When a Life Fruit is used successfully it restores the player's current health by 5 as well.
- Like other plants, Life Fruits can be harvested with any weapon or tool, and a pickaxe isn't required. Any type of attack can uproot them.
- Life Fruits are shown by the Spelunker buff, like ores and treasures.
- A Lifeforce Potion can be used to temporarily increase health capacity even beyond 500, to a maximum of 600.
- Like many plants, Life Fruits will be uprooted if the ground beneath them changes to a type other than the Jungle grass they naturally grow on.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The plants on which the fruit grows have three different possible sprites. They are all functionally identical.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- 220.127.116.11: You now have to kill a Mechanical boss to spawn Life Fruits. Life Fruit can spawn closer together now.
- 1.2: Introduced.