- Not to be confused with Jungle Shrine.
The Jungle Temple, otherwise known as the Lihzahrd Temple, is a Hardmode, post-Plantera structure that can be considered the Jungle's relatively small version of the Dungeon. Each generated world will contain one Temple. It is located in the Underground Jungle, and has no surface entrance.
Within the Temple are trap-filled corridors leading down to a large room containing the Lihzahrd Altar. The Altar can be used to summon the Golem boss at the cost of one Lihzahrd Power Cell. One Power Cell can be found in each of the Temple's Lihzahrd Chests, and are dropped rarely by Lihzards and Flying Snakes in the Temple.
In order to access the Temple, one must first defeat Plantera in a world to get the Temple Key, which is used to open the Lihzahrd Door at the Temple's entrance. The Temple itself is constructed from Lihzahrd Bricks, which require a pickaxe with 210 or greater mining power to mine- the first available to the player being the Picksaw, dropped by the Golem inside the temple.
The Jungle Temple contains unique Lihzahrd enemies, and Lihzahrd-themed furniture. Its Lihzahrd Chests have a chance to contain a Lihzahrd Furnace, for crafting other types of Lihzahrd-themed furniture.
The Temple is filled with several types of traps, including Flame Traps, Spear Traps, Spiked Ball Traps, and Super Dart Traps. Traps occur much more frequently in the Temple than in the Dungeon, and are far more damaging. They are activated by Lihzahrd Pressure Plates, which only respond to players (enemies walk on them freely without triggering traps). Like Dungeon traps, all Temple Traps, Pressure Plates, and Wires can be taken by the player for use in player-built Mechanisms.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
|From Lihzahrd Chests:||
|Through Plundering (continued):||From Golem:|
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Mine Lihzahrd Bricks from the Jungle Temple.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even before entering Hardmode, Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes can spawn outside the temple, if the player is standing directly in front of a Lihzahrd Brick Wall (in the temple's entrance, for example). These pose a very high threat to players without late-game equipment.
- While Lihzahrd Bricks and the Lihzahrd Altar can only be mined with a Picksaw, most other objects in the Temple, including traps, can be removed with low-tier tools. In the Mobile version, a Picksaw or explosives are required.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Jungle Temple is densely Wired. Collecting all Wires in the Temple (using the Wire Cutter) can net a player over 1000 Wires.
- An effective way of avoiding the traps in the Temple is to hold a wire-related item (Wire Cutter, Wrench, Dart Traps, Pressure Plates, or any trap from inside the Temple) to make placed wires visible. The Dangersense Potion is also useful for this.
- Since all tricks with Rod of Discord and Teleporters have been negated, the only legit ways to enter the Temple is either beat Plantera and get the key, or to use a hoik.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.3: The Golem boss room in new worlds is now slightly larger.
- The world generator now checks to make sure a Lihzahrd Altar spawns inside the temple.
- 220.127.116.11: You can no longer teleport into the Jungle Temple (this is still possible as of 18.104.22.168 given Lihzahrd Walls are removed from target location).
- 22.214.171.124: Lihzahrd walls can be harvested.
- 126.96.36.199: The Chlorophyte Drill can no longer be used to destroy Lihzahrd blocks.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • The Corruption • The Crimson • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Meteorite • Floating Island • Granite Cave • Marble Cave • Spider Nest • Bee Hive • Dungeon • Lihzahrd Temple|
|Other||Living Tree • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Underground Cabin • Chasm • Pyramid • Jungle Shrine • Living Mahogany Tree • Ruined House|