- Not to be confused with Jungle Shrine.
The Jungle Temple, otherwise known as the Lihzahrd Temple, is a Hardmode, post-Plantera structure that can be considered the Jungle's relatively small version of the Dungeon. Each generated world will contain one Temple. It is located in the Underground Jungle, and has no surface entrance.
Within the Temple are trap-filled corridors leading down to a large room containing the Lihzahrd Altar. The Altar can be used to summon the Golem boss at the cost of one Lihzahrd Power Cell. One Power Cell can be found in each of the Temple's Lihzahrd Chests, and are dropped rarely by Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes in the Temple.
In order to access the Temple, one must first defeat Plantera to get the Temple Key. This key is used to open the Lihzahrd Door at the Temple's entrance in any world and is consumed in the process. The Temple itself is constructed from Lihzahrd Bricks, which require a pickaxe with 210 or greater mining power to mine- the first available to the player being the Picksaw, dropped by the Golem inside the temple.
The Jungle Temple contains unique Lihzahrd enemies, and Lihzahrd-themed furniture. Its Lihzahrd Chests have a chance to contain a Lihzahrd Furnace, for crafting other types of Lihzahrd-themed furniture.
The Temple is filled with several types of traps, including Flame Traps, Spear Traps, Spiked Ball Traps, and Super Dart Traps. Traps occur much more frequently in the Temple than in the Dungeon, and are far more damaging. They are activated by Lihzahrd Pressure Plates, which only respond to players (enemies walk on them freely without triggering traps). Like Dungeon traps, all Temple Traps, Pressure Plates, and Wires can be taken by the player for use in player-built Mechanisms.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
|From Lihzahrd Chests:||
|Through Plundering (continued):||From Golem:|
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Temple Raider • "Breach the impenetrable walls of the jungle temple."|
|Mine Lihzahrd Bricks from the Jungle Temple.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even before entering Hardmode, Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes can spawn outside the temple, if the player is standing directly in front of a Lihzahrd Brick Wall (in the temple's entrance, for example). These pose a very high threat to players without late-game equipment.
- While Lihzahrd Bricks and the Lihzahrd Altar can only be mined with a Picksaw, most other objects in the Temple, including traps, can be removed with low-tier tools. In the Mobile version, a Picksaw or explosives are required.
- Lihzahrd brick can be affected by actuators but the door can also be unlocked in pre-hardmode if you place three Wooden Platforms on the door and turn them upside down with a hammer. You can now step on the bottom platform, hold down to fall through the platform and you should be able to enter through the door.
- Lihzahrd Chests can generate outside of the doors of the temple, allowing loot to be obtained without entering the temple itself.
- It is possible for a Granite Cave to spawn overlapping the temple, allowing it to be accessed before Plantera is killed, although it is very rare.
- There is a rare bug on the Xbox 360 version that allows players to phase through the door, allowing easy access before Hardmode.
- The wires of the Jungle Temple appear to have their colors based upon the horizontal position of the pressure plate they originate from.
- It is possible for the Lihzahrd Altar room to be too small to fit the Golem. This will cause the Golem to clip through walls, and it will be unable to attack, making for easy farming, although this seems to be an extremely rare glitch.
- On the Console version, it's possible for the temple to spawn with an opening in the roof, but it is very rare.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- You can't use a Rod of Discord to teleport into the temple before Plantera is killed.
- The Jungle Temple is densely Wired. Collecting all Wires in the Temple (using the Wire Cutter) can net a player over 1000 Wires.
- An effective way of avoiding the traps in the Temple is to hold a wire-related item (Wire Cutter, Wrench, Dart Traps, Pressure Plates, The Grand Design, or any trap from inside the Temple) to make placed wires visible, or use a Mechanical Lens. The Dangersense Potion is also useful for this, as the buff also highlights Wooden Spikes in addition to traps and pressure plates.
- Since all tricks with Rod of Discord and Teleporters have been negated, the only ways to enter the Temple are to: beat Plantera and get the key, mine through the temple blocks with a Picksaw, use a hoik, or find a rare glitch which causes a few temple bricks to be missing, allowing easy access. The only benefits to having early access to the temple include being able to loot the chests and traps within, and being able to easily farm for Solar Tablet Fragments.
- The Lihzahrd Furnace can be sold for 2 , and since every chest inside the temple has one inside, you can easily get gold by selling the excess.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.3: The Golem boss room in new worlds is now slightly larger.
- The world generator now checks to make sure a Lihzahrd Altar spawns inside the temple.
- 220.127.116.11: You can no longer teleport in front of Jungle Temple walls.
- 18.104.22.168: Lihzahrd walls can be harvested.
- 22.214.171.124: The Chlorophyte Drill can no longer be used to destroy Lihzahrd blocks.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • The Corruption • The Crimson • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Meteorite • Granite Cave • Marble Cave • Spider Nest • Bee Hive • Dungeon • Lihzahrd Temple|
|Other||Living Tree • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Floating Island • Underground Cabin • Chasm • Pyramid • Jungle Shrine • Living Mahogany Tree • Jungle Sanctum • Ruined House|