- Not to be confused with Jungle Shrine.
The Jungle Temple, otherwise known as the Lihzahrd Temple, is a Hardmode, post-Plantera structure that can be considered the Jungle's relatively small version of the Dungeon. Each generated world will contain one Temple. It is located in the Underground Jungle, and has no surface entrance.
Within the Temple are trap-filled corridors leading down to a large room containing the Lihzahrd Altar. The Altar can be used to summon the Golem boss at the cost of one Lihzahrd Power Cell. One Power Cell can be found in each of the Temple's Lihzahrd Chests, and are dropped rarely by Lihzards and Flying Snakes in the Temple.
In order to access the Temple, one must first defeat Plantera in a world to get the Temple Key, which is used to open the Lihzahrd Door at the Temple's entrance. The Temple itself is constructed from Lihzahrd Bricks, which require a pickaxe with 210 or greater power to mine- the first available to the player being the Picksaw, dropped by the Golem inside the temple.
The Jungle Temple contains unique Lihzahrd enemies, and Lihzahrd-themed furniture. Its Lihzahrd Chests have a chance to contain a Lihzahrd Furnace, for crafting other types of Lihzahrd-themed furniture.
The Temple is filled with several types of traps, including Flame Traps, Spear Traps, Spiked Ball Traps, and Super Dart Traps. Traps occur much more frequently in the Temple than in the Dungeon, and are far more damaging. They are activated by Lihzahrd Pressure Plates, which only respond to players (enemies walk on them freely without triggering traps). Like Dungeon traps, all Temple Traps, Pressure Plates, and Wires can be looted by the player for use in player-built Mechanisms.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
|From Lihzahrd Chests:||
|Through Plundering (continued):||From Golem:|
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Temple Raider is the achievement you earn for breaking the Lihzahrd Bricks of the Jungle Temple.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even before entering Hardmode, Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes can spawn outside the temple, if the player is standing directly in front of a Lihzahrd Brick Wall (in the temple's entrance, for example). These pose a very high threat to players without late-game equipment.
- Rarely, the Golem Spawner will spawn on spikes, enabling the player to remove the Lihzahrd Altar without a Picksaw.
- A Jungle Shrine spawned on the side of the Temple will cause a 4 block opening to get through the Temple without a key. The door will still be locked.
- It is possible for Lihzahrd Chests to spawn close enough to the door to be opened before defeating Plantera.
- If all the wires in the temple are collected, the player can easily get more than 1000 wires.
- Traps may spawn outside the temple's door, allowing them to be harvested as early as before hardmode.
- It is possible for the temple door to spawn on top of a dart trap, allowing for temple entrance pre-Plantera. This is possible in any version.
- It is also possible for the temple to spawn close enough to the surface that a corruption trench could break into it, likewise allowing access to the temple.
- In Crimson worlds, however, the Temple goes through the Crimson, possibly not allowing for several demon hearts to spawn.
- In the mobile version, the only way to break Lihzahrd traps is to use the picksaw or explosives.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While Lihzahrd Bricks and the Lihzahrd Altar can only be mined with a Picksaw, most other objects in the temple, including the traps, can be removed with ordinary tools.
- An effective way of avoiding the traps in the Temple is to hold a wire-related item (Wire Cutter, Wrench, Dart Traps, Pressure Plates, or any trap from inside the Temple) to make placed wires visible. The Dangersense Potion is also extremely useful, as it illuminates all traps, spikes and Pressure Plates. Bringing a Wire Cutter is extremely useful as it allows you to disable the traps before you can get tricked into them.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.3: The Golem boss room in new worlds is now slightly larger.
- The world generator now checks to make sure a Lihzahrd Altar spawns inside the temple.
- 184.108.40.206: You can no longer teleport into the Jungle Temple (this is still possible as of 220.127.116.11 given Lihzahrd Walls are removed from target location).
- 18.104.22.168: Lihzahrd walls can be harvested.
- 22.214.171.124: The Chlorophyte Drill can no longer be used to destroy Lihzahrd blocks.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • The Corruption • The Crimson • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Meteorite • Floating Island • Granite Cave • Marble Cave • Spider Nest • Bee Hive • Dungeon • Lihzahrd Temple|
|Other||Living Tree • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Underground Cabin • Chasm • Pyramid • Jungle Shrine • Living Mahogany Tree • Ruined House|