The Lihzahrd Temple (also known as the Jungle Temple) is a Hardmode, post-Plantera structure that can be considered the Jungle's relatively small version of the Dungeon. Each generated world contains one Temple. It resembles a Mayan pyramid, though it is located deep in the Underground Jungle, and has no surface entrance.
Within the Temple are Trap-filled corridors leading down to a large room containing the Lihzahrd Altar, used to summon the Golem boss. Unlike the Dungeon, the Temple contains no naturally-placed light sources. The Lihzahrd Altar requires one Lihzahrd Power Cell to activate, several of which can be found in Lihzahrd Chests throughout the Temple.
In order to access the Temple, one must first defeat Plantera to get the Temple Key, used to open the Lihzahrd Door at the Temple's entrance. The door can be destroyed with explosives in the mobile version, allowing Pre-Hardmode access. The Temple itself is constructed from Lihzahrd Bricks, which can only be mined with the Picksaw dropped by the Golem.
The Temple is filled with several types of Traps, including Flame Traps, Spear Traps, Spiked Ball Traps, and Super Dart Traps. Traps occur much more frequently in the Temple than in the Dungeon, and are far more damaging. They are activated by Lihzahrd Pressure Plates, which only respond to players. Like Dungeon traps, all Temple Traps, Pressure Plates, and Wires can be looted by the player for use in player-built Mechanisms.
|Characters||Unique treasures||Unique Drops|
|| From Lihzahrd Chests
| From Golem (continued):
| From terrain (continued):
- Even before entering Hardmode, Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes can spawn outside the temple, if the player is standing directly in front of a Lihzahrd Brick Wall (in the temple's entrance, for example). These monsters pose a very high threat to ill-equipped players.
- You cannot normally enter the Temple using a Rod of Discord until the door has been unlocked with a Temple Key. This can be "sidestepped" by using a Hammer to remove enough of the Lihzahrd Brick Walls to clear a spot inside the Temple to appear in. Once the door is unlocked, you can teleport in without removing walls first.
- Has a chance to spawn in the Underworld biome and have Underworld Enemies.
- Has a chance to be breached allowing you to by pass the door and not use a key.
- May not spawn with every type of template trap.
- For info about entering the Temple without the Temple Key, see Guide:Skipping Stones#Lihzahrd Temple.
- While Lihzahrd Bricks and the temple's altar can currently only be mined by the Picksaw, most other objects in the temple, including the traps, can be removed with ordinary tools.
- An effective way of avoiding the traps in the Temple is to hold a wire related item (Wire Cutter, Wrench, Dart Traps, Pressure Plates, or any trap from inside the Temple) to make the wiring of the traps in the temple visible.
- The Dangersense Potion is extremely useful, as it illuminates all traps, spikes and buttons, allowing you to avoid them with ease.
- Each Temple is guaranteed to contain some Lihzahrd Power Cells in the Chests (roughly 4-9 on average). It is guaranteed that there will be two chests in the Lihzahrd Temple, each containing a Power Cell.
- Temple traps will occasionally spawn outside of the door.
- Being in sections of the temple where there is a lot of visible open space in the jungle will allow normal jungle enemies to spawn outside of the temple more frequently, lowering the spawn rate of Lihzahrd Temple enemies.
- 1.2.3: The Golem boss room in new worlds is now slightly larger.
- The world generator now checks to make sure a Lihzahrd Altar spawns inside the temple.
- 22.214.171.124: You can no longer teleport into the Lihzahrd Temple (this is still possible as of 126.96.36.199 given Lihzahrd Walls are removed from target location).
- 188.8.131.52: Lihzahrd walls can be harvested.
- 184.108.40.206: The Chlorophyte Drill can no longer be used to destroy Lihzahrd blocks.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Game mechanics|
|Attack Speed • Breath meter • Buffs • By hand • Consumable • Crafting station • Critical hit • Damage • Data IDs • Day/Night • Death • Debuffs • Defense • Difficulty • Environment • Event • Fall Damage • Game controls • Ghost • Health • Inventory • Knockback • Lighting mode • Mana • Map Size • Minimap • Minions • Modifier • Moon • Music • NPC drops • NPC Spawning • Placement • Player stats • Rarity • Spawn • Storage • Use time • Value • Velocity|