|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
- Not to be confused with Jungle Shrine.
The Jungle Temple, otherwise known as the Lihzahrd Temple, is a Hardmode, post-Plantera structure that can be considered the Jungle's relatively small version of the Dungeon. Each generated world contains one Temple. It resembles a Mayan pyramid, though it is located in the Underground Jungle, and has no surface entrance.
Within the Temple are Trap-filled corridors leading down to a large room containing the Lihzahrd Altar. The Altar can be used to summon the Golem boss at the cost of one Lihzahrd Power Cell. One Power Cell can be found in each of the Temple's Lihzahrd Chests, and are dropped rarely by Lihzards in the Temple.
In order to access the Temple, one must first defeat Plantera to get the Temple Key, used to open the Lihzahrd Door at the Temple's entrance. The Temple itself is constructed from Lihzahrd Bricks, which can be mined with the Picksaw dropped randomly by Golem or a better pickaxe. You can no longer blow up the door with explosives.
The Temple is filled with several types of Traps, including Flame Traps, Spear Traps, Spiked Ball Traps, and Super Dart Traps. Traps occur much more frequently in the Temple than in the Dungeon, and are far more damaging. They are activated by Lihzahrd Pressure Plates, which only respond to players (enemies walk on them freely without triggering traps). Like Dungeon traps, all Temple Traps, Pressure Plates, and Wires can be looted by the player for use in player-built Mechanisms.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
|From Lihzahrd Chests:||
| From Golem (continued):
|Through Plundering (continued):|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is a chance that a Jungle Temple will spawn without Traps.
- Even before entering Hardmode, Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes can spawn outside the temple, if the player is standing directly in front of a Lihzahrd Brick Wall (in the temple's entrance, for example). These pose a very high threat to players without late-game equipment.
- Rarely, the Golem Spawner will spawn on spikes, enabling the player to remove the Lihzahrd Altar without a Picksaw.
- A Jungle Shrine spawned on the side of the Temple will cause a 4 block opening to get through the Temple without a key. The door will still be locked.
- It is possible for Lihzahrd Chests to spawn close enough to the door to be opened before defeating Plantera. Although you won't be able to use any of the unique items found in these chests until Plantera is defeated.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While Lihzahrd Bricks and the Lihzahrd Altar can only be mined with a Picksaw, most other objects in the temple, including the traps, can be removed with ordinary tools.
- An effective way of avoiding the traps in the Temple is to hold a wire-related item (Wire Cutter, Wrench, Dart Traps, Pressure Plates, or any trap from inside the Temple) to make placed wires visible. The Dangersense Potion is also extremely useful, as it illuminates all traps, spikes and Pressure Plates. Bringing a Wire Cutter is extremely useful as it allows you to disable the traps before you can get tricked into them.
- Mining Lihzahrd Bricks and several Jungle Temple furniture items requires a Picksaw or better, however a Laser Drill works as well. Defeating Golem once makes this item available through Martian Madness, meaning one need not necessarily re-summon Golem multiple times in order to acquire the Picksaw for Jungle Temple mining.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.3: The Golem boss room in new worlds is now slightly larger.
- The world generator now checks to make sure a Lihzahrd Altar spawns inside the temple.
- 220.127.116.11: You can no longer teleport into the Jungle Temple (this is still possible as of 18.104.22.168 given Lihzahrd Walls are removed from target location).
- 22.214.171.124: Lihzahrd walls can be harvested.
- 126.96.36.199: The Chlorophyte Drill can no longer be used to destroy Lihzahrd blocks.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • The Corruption • The Crimson • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Meteorite • Floating Island • Granite Cave • Marble Cave • Spider Nest • Bee Hive • Dungeon • Lihzahrd Temple|
|Other||Living Tree • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Underground Cabin • Chasm • Pyramid • Jungle Shrine • Living Mahogany Tree • Ruined House|