- Not to be confused with Jungle Shrine.
The Jungle Temple is a Hardmode, post-Plantera structure that can be considered the Jungle's relatively small version of the Dungeon. Each generated world contains one Temple. It resembles a Mayan pyramid, though it is located in the Underground Jungle, and has no surface entrance.
Within the Temple are Trap-filled corridors leading down to a large room containing the Lihzahrd Altar. The Altar can be used to summon the Golem boss at the cost of one Lihzahrd Power Cell. One Power Cell can be found in each of the Temple's Lihzahrd Chests, and are dropped rarely by Lihzards in the Temple.
In order to access the Temple, one must first defeat Plantera to get the Temple Key, used to open the Lihzahrd Door at the Temple's entrance. The Temple itself is constructed from Lihzahrd Bricks, which can only be mined with the Picksaw dropped randomly by Golem.
The Temple is filled with several types of Traps, including Flame Traps, Spear Traps, Spiked Ball Traps, and Super Dart Traps. Traps occur much more frequently in the Temple than in the Dungeon, and are far more damaging. They are activated by Lihzahrd Pressure Plates, which only respond to players (enemies walk on them freely without triggering traps). Like Dungeon traps, all Temple Traps, Pressure Plates, and Wires can be looted by the player for use in player-built Mechanisms.
|Characters||Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
|From Lihzahrd Chests:||
| From Golem (continued):
|From terrain (continued):|
- Even before entering Hardmode, Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes can spawn outside the temple, if the player is standing directly in front of a Lihzahrd Brick Wall (in the temple's entrance, for example). These pose a very high threat to players without late-game equipment.
- While Lihzahrd Bricks and the Lihzahrd Altar can only be mined with a Picksaw, most other objects in the temple, including the traps, can be removed with ordinary tools.
- An effective way of avoiding the traps in the Temple is to hold a wire-related item (Wire Cutter, Wrench, Dart Traps, Pressure Plates, or any trap from inside the Temple) to make placed wires visible. The Dangersense Potion is also extremely useful, as it illuminates all traps, spikes and Pressure Plates.
- 1.2.3: The Golem boss room in new worlds is now slightly larger.
- The world generator now checks to make sure a Lihzahrd Altar spawns inside the temple.
- 18.104.22.168: You can no longer teleport into the Jungle Temple (this is still possible as of 22.214.171.124 given Lihzahrd Walls are removed from target location).
- 126.96.36.199: Lihzahrd walls can be harvested.
- 188.8.131.52: The Chlorophyte Drill can no longer be used to destroy Lihzahrd blocks.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Game mechanics|
|Attack Speed • Breath meter • Buffs • By hand • Consumable • Crafting station • Critical hit • Damage • Data IDs • Day/Night • Death • Debuffs • Defense • Difficulty • Environment • Event • Fall Damage • Game controls • Ghost • Health • Inventory • Knockback • Lighting mode • Mana • Map Size • Minimap • Minions • Modifier • Moon • Music • NPC drops • NPC Spawning • Placement • Player stats • Rarity • Spawn • Storage • Use time • Value • Velocity|