Giant Trees are huge trees that can be found on the surface of a world and are created during world creation. Unlike regular Trees that can be found growing across the Forests, these Giant Trees cannot be passed by the player, have trunks several blocks thick, and reach staggering heights into the air. (On Small worlds, they can even reach Space, where Harpies begin to spawn.) Underneath, you will either find large roots blending with the dirt or a long vertical tunnel which reaches a house-like area which contains Living Wood furniture and a Living Wood Chest which can contain either a Living Wood Wand (for placing Living Wood) or a Leaf Wand (for placing the leaf blocks.) This tunnel will often continue a distance further down, only stopping when it hits an opening in the earth, similarly to Pyramids in the Desert.
|Unique treasures||Unique drops|
From the Terrain:
 Building Giant Trees
Players can create Giant Trees after world creation by using the Living Wood Wand, Leaf Wand, and copious amounts of Wood. The player can craft Living Wood Wall by standing near existing Living Wood. (Some form of Grappling Hook or an accessory which allows flight is recommended for building trees of considerable height.)
- Rooms in Giant Trees can be used for NPC housing by simply adding a light source.
- These rooms are also ideal safe-houses for players to seek refuge during invasions and Blood Moons.
- During Hardmode, these trees act as a natural barrier against the Corruption, Crimson, & Hallowed biomes' increased rate of spreading, provided the area underneath the tree is cleared.
- Demon Altars can sometimes spawn on wooden platforms inside the vertical tunnel of a Giant Tree when it is found near Corruption or Crimson.
So Giant Trees are great for a first house, and then you expand it!
- These Giant Trees seem to be based off of the tree built by developers in the first Terraria trailer.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Forests • Deserts • Ocean • Jungle • Snow • The Corruption • The Crimson • The Hallow • Rain • Mushroom Biome|
Underground • Cavern • The Underworld • Underground Jungle • Underground Snow • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow
Dungeon • Meteorite • Floating Island • Giant Tree • Spider Nest • Pyramid • Bee Hive • Lihzahrd Temple