Living Trees are large tree-shaped structures generated at world creation. Unlike regular Trees, Living Trees are constructed from foreground Living Wood and Leaf blocks, rather than being background objects that characters can pass through.
Living Trees are very large, and often (but not always) contain an internal tunnel structure that players can explore. This tunnel leads down to a room containing Living Tree-themed furniture and a Living Wood Chest, all of which players can loot. The Chest can contain either a Living Wood Wand (for placing Living Wood), a Leaf Wand (for placing Leaf blocks), or a Living Loom (for crafting Living Wood furniture). All of them can be found at once, however.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
From the Terrain:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When mined (with a Pickaxe or Drill), Living Wood turns into plain Wood, and Leaf blocks are destroyed.
- A Living Tree will never have more than one treasure room.
- Neither Living Wood nor Leaf blocks can become corrupted, crimsoned, or hallowed.
- In small worlds, some Living Trees extend high enough for Harpies to spawn.
- In the Mobile version a Band of Starpower and/or a Band of Regeneration can appear in the chest.
- If you cannot find a meteorite that has landed, it is possible that it landed on the tree. This phenomenon is more common in smaller worlds.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Rooms in Living Trees can be used for NPC housing by simply adding a light source. These rooms may also serve as safe-houses for players to seek refuge in during dangerous Events.
- During Hardmode, Living Trees act as natural barriers against the Corruption, Crimson, & Hallowed biomes' increased rate of spreading, provided that the area beneath the tree is cleared.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Living Mahogany Trees introduced.
- Living Trees now spawn with Living Wood Platforms instead of Wood Platforms.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • The Corruption • The Crimson • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Meteorite • Granite Cave • Marble Cave • Spider Nest • Bee Hive • Dungeon • Lihzahrd Temple|
|Other||Living Tree • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Floating Island • Underground Cabin • Chasm • Pyramid • Jungle Shrine • Living Mahogany Tree • Ruined House|