Living Trees are large tree-shaped structures generated at world creation. Unlike regular Trees, Living Trees are constructed from foreground Living Wood and Leaf blocks, rather than being background objects that characters can pass through.
Surface Living Trees on the surface are very large, and usually (but not always) contain an internal tunnel structure that players can explore. This tunnel leads down to a room containing Living Tree-themed furniture and a Living Wood Chest, all of which players can loot. The Chest can contain either a Living Wood Wand (for placing Living Wood), a Leaf Wand (for placing Leaf blocks), or a Living Loom (for crafting Living Wood furniture).
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
From the Terrain:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When mined (with a Pickaxe or Drill), Living Wood turns into plain Wood, and Leaf blocks are destroyed.
- A Living Tree will never have more than one treasure room.
- Neither Living Wood nor Leaf blocks can become corrupted, crimsoned, or hallowed.
- In small worlds, some Living Trees extend high enough for Harpies to spawn.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Rooms in Living Trees can be used for NPC housing by simply adding a light source. These rooms may also serve as safe-houses for players to seek refuge in during dangerous Events.
- During Hardmode, Living Trees act as natural barriers against the Corruption, Crimson, & Hallowed biomes' increased rate of spreading, provided that the area beneath the tree is cleared.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Living Mahogany Trees introduced.
- Living Trees now spawn with Living Wood Platforms instead of Wood Platforms.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Game mechanics|
|Attack Speed • Breath meter • Buffs • By hand • Consumable • Crafting station • Critical hit • Damage • Data IDs • Day/Night • Death • Debuffs • Defense • Difficulty • Environment • Event • Fall Damage • Game controls • Ghost • Health • Inventory • Knockback • Lighting mode • Mana • Map Size • Minimap • Minions • Modifier • Moon • Music • NPC drops • NPC Spawning • Placement • Player stats • Rarity • Spawn • Storage • Use time • Value • Velocity|