Living Trees are large tree-shaped structures generated at world creation at the surface. Unlike regular Trees, Living Trees are constructed from foreground Living Wood and Leaf blocks, rather than being background objects that characters can pass through.
Living Wood Trees are very large, and often contain an internal tunnel structure that players can explore. This tunnel leads down to a room containing Living Tree-themed furniture and a Living Wood Chest, all of which players can loot. The Chest can contain either a Living Wood Wand (for placing Living Wood), a Leaf Wand (for placing Leaf blocks), or a Living Loom (for crafting Living Wood furniture).
|Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
From the Terrain:
- When mined (with a Pickaxe or Drill), Living Wood turns into plain Wood, and Leaf blocks are destroyed.
- A Living Tree will never have more than one treasure room.
- Neither Living Wood nor Leaf blocks can become corrupted, crimsoned, or hallowed.
- Rooms in Living Trees can be used for NPC housing by simply adding a light source. These rooms may also serve as safe refuge for players to seek refuge during invasions and Blood Moons.
- During Hardmode, Living Trees act as natural barriers against the Corruption, Crimson, & Hallowed biomes' increased rate of spreading, provided that the area beneath the tree is cleared.
- Despite the Living Wood theme, they spawn with regular Wooden Platforms instead of Living Wood Platforms.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Game mechanics|
|Attack Speed • Breath meter • Buffs • By hand • Consumable • Crafting station • Critical hit • Damage • Data IDs • Day/Night • Death • Debuffs • Defense • Difficulty • Environment • Event • Fall Damage • Game controls • Ghost • Health • Inventory • Knockback • Lighting mode • Mana • Map Size • Minimap • Minions • Modifier • Moon • Music • NPC drops • NPC Spawning • Placement • Player stats • Rarity • Spawn • Storage • Use time • Value • Velocity|