Missile fired by the Magic Missile.
The Magic Missile
is a magic weapon
that has a chance to be found in the Dungeon's
locked Gold Chests
, as well as in the Golden Lock Box
found in Dungeon Crates
. It fires a projectile that can be controlled by holding the
button and moving the cursor. When the
button is released, it is flung in the drag direction. If the cursor is stationary on release, it continues along the angle formed from the player. The projectile also emits a good deal of light.
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
- The mana cost is for the initial casting only. Maintaining and directing the missile does not cost additional mana, and you will regenerate mana while controlling it.
- The Magic Missile can fire through water (unlike the Flamelash, a similar guidable weapon).
- After being launched, the projectiles move much slower, going from moving faster than a minecart to around 62 mph.
- The missile emits light and can be remotely directed wherever there is continuous empty space, making it a good cave-scouting tool.
- The projectile causes an explosion that can damage enemies through a one-block thick wall.
- Can prove very useful when combined with the Binoculars, increasing the range which you can guide the missile.
- 1.3.3: Now used to craft the Sky Fracture.
- Damage increased from 23 to 27.
- Knockback increased from 5.5 to 7.5.
- Damage increased from 22 to 23.
- Knockback increased from 5 to 5.5.
- 1.2: Sprite updated.
- Sprite updated.
- Damage decreased from 32 to 22.
- Mana to cast reduced from 16 to 10.
- Speed of projectile is increased.
- Projectile launched after release the mouse button, rather than disappearing.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.