|Use time||16 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Casts a controllable missile.|
The Magic Missile is a magic weapon found in the Dungeon's Gold Chests. It fires a projectile that follows the player's cursor, and if the trigger is held, continues following it until colliding with an enemy or object. When the attack button is released while holding the Missile still, it re-fires in the direction it is facing from the player; but if its dragged to a particular direction, it will follow it. It is high in damage, but expensive in Mana.
- The Mana cost is for the initial casting only. Maintaining and directing the Missile does not cost additional Mana.
- The Missile emits light and can be remotely directed wherever there is continuous empty space, making it a good cave-scouting tool.
- The best Modifier is Mythical.
- Magic Missile is based on the spell of the same name from the Dungeons and Dragons Pencil-and-Paper Role Playing Game. In certain editions of 'D&D', Magic Missile does not miss as long as the caster has line-of-sight to the target, which likely inspired the Terraria spell's 'remote-control' behavior.
- The Magic Missile is technically more Mana-efficient than the Flamelash
- The Magic Missile can go through water unlike the Flamelash
 See also
- Flamelash - A fireball spell which is an upgrade to the Magic Missile.
- Rainbow Rod - A rainbow spell that is a direct upgrade to both the Magic Missile and the Flamelash.
- Damaged increased from 22 to 23.
- Knockback increased from 5 to 5.5.
- Sprite changed.
- Damage decreased from 32 to 22.
- Mana to cast reduced from 16 to 10.
- Speed of projectile is increased.
- Projectile launched after release the mouse button, rather than disappearing.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.