|Use time||11 (Very Fast)|
The Magical Harp is a Hardmode magic weapon that auto-fires slow, ricocheting, piercing projectiles that graphically resemble musical notes. Each projectile lasts for about four seconds before dissipating, and will both ricochet and pierce enemies an unlimited number of times until this time limit is reached. Notes produce a reasonable amount of light, and are not affected by gravity.
The speed of each note can be controlled by clicking closer or further from the character: Closer clicks fire slower-moving notes, and further clicks fire faster notes. The speed at which each note travels does not affect their lifespan; all last about four seconds.
The sound played upon firing resembles a plucked string, with its pitch correlating to the firing speed: Slower firings playing lower-pitched sounds, and faster firings playing higher-pitched sounds.
|Soul of Sight||20|
|Soul of Night||12|
- You do need 15 Gold Bars to craft this weapon.(for xbox)
- Even at top firing speed, notes are still relatively slow for projectiles, and a player with Hermes or Spectre Boots can outrun them.
- Water significantly slows notes' speed.
- The double notes produced by the Magical Harp pass through single block walls and closed doors, the same way flails and boomerangs currently do, while the single notes will bounce off walls instead.
- The size of the game window appears to change how far the mouse needs to be for certain projectile speeds; Smaller screens don't have to move the cursor as far to shoot a faster/higher-pitched note.
- With the right equipment and modifiers, the Magical Harp can use as little as 2 mana per note, which once made it the most mana-efficient weapon pre-1.2, but it's now been surpassed by the Golden Shower in 1.2.
- In the console version, the firing speed is limited due to the short ranged cursor.
- The Magical Harp is powerful due to its low Mana cost and ability to pierce and ricochet an unlimited number of times for the four-second lifespan of each note. In small spaces, or with clusters of enemies, or with large enemies, notes continue slicing through enemies until they dissipate, for an unmatched level of continuous damage. In fact, it can be considered the most powerful magical weapon in the game, with the proper modifiers.
- The Magical Harp is generally considered the quickest way to kill The Destroyer. It can do so in less than 20 seconds, if a Magic Power Potion is used.
- Low, slow notes can hit large enemies multiple times, while fast, high notes are more likely to hit moving targets.
- The harp's sprite is always shown while equipped, unlike most weapons that only show while firing.
- 1.2.3: Damage increased from 30 to 32.
- 22.214.171.124: Notes from the Magical Harp now count as magic and should trigger the spectre set bonus. (Referring to the Spectre Armor)
- 1.2: No longer requires Gold Bars to craft.
- 1.1: Introduced.
| Magic Weapons|
|Pre-Hardmode||Loot||Aqua Scepter • Bee Gun • Book of Skulls • Crimson Rod • Demon Scythe • Flamelash • Flower of Fire • Magic Missile • Slime Staff • Vilethorn • Water Bolt|
|Gem Staff||Amethyst Staff • Topaz Staff • Sapphire Staff • Emerald Staff • Ruby Staff • Diamond Staff|
|Other Crafted||Space Gun|
|Hardmode||Loot||Flower of Frost • Frost Staff • Laser Rifle • Magic Dagger • Nimbus Rod • Poison Staff • Unholy Trident|
|Crafted||Crystal Storm • Cursed Flames • Golden Shower • Magical Harp • Rainbow Rod • Venom Staff|
|Post-Plantera||Plantera||Leaf Blower • Nettle Burst • Pygmy Staff • Wasp Gun|
|Dungeon||Inferno Fork • Magnet Sphere • Shadowbeam Staff • Spectre Staff|
|Golem||Heat Ray • Staff of Earth|
|Dungeon Chests||Rainbow Gun • Staff of the Frost Hydra|
|Events||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Raven Staff • Razorpine|