|Use time||11 (Very Fast)|
The Magical Harp is a Hardmode magic weapon that auto-fires ricocheting, piercing projectiles that graphically resemble musical notes. Each projectile lasts for about four seconds before dissipating, and will both ricochet and pierce enemies an unlimited number of times until this time limit is reached. Notes produce a reasonable amount of light, and are not affected by gravity.
The speed of each note can be controlled by clicking closer or further from the character: Closer clicks fire slower-moving notes, and further clicks fire faster notes. The speed at which each note travels does not affect their lifespan; all last about four seconds.
The sound played upon firing resembles a plucked string, with its pitch correlating to the firing speed: Slower firings playing lower-pitched sounds, and faster firings playing higher-pitched sounds.
|Soul of Sight||20|
|Soul of Night||12|
- Even at top firing speed, notes are still relatively slow for projectiles.
- Water further slows the notes' speed.
- The size of the game window appears to change how far the mouse needs to be for certain projectile speeds; Smaller screens don't have to move the cursor as far to shoot a faster/higher-pitched note.
- In the console version, the firing speed is limited due to the short ranged cursor.
- The Magical Harp is powerful due to its low Mana cost and ability to pierce and ricochet an unlimited number of times for the four-second lifespan of each note. In situations involving small spaces, clusters of enemies, or large enemies, the harp's notes can continue slicing through enemies until they dissipate, for an unmatched level of continuous damage.
- The Magical Harp is considered one of the quickest ways to kill The Destroyer.
- Low, slow notes can hit large enemies multiple times, while fast, high notes are more likely to hit moving targets.
- The Harp's sprite is always shown while equipped, unlike most weapons that only show while firing.
- 1.2.3: Damage increased from 30 to 32.
- 220.127.116.11: Notes from the Magical Harp now count as magic and should trigger the spectre set bonus. (Referring to the Spectre Armor)
- 1.2: No longer requires Gold Bars to craft.
- 1.1: Introduced.