The Magma Stone is an accessory that drops from Lava Bats (2% chance) and Hellbats (0.67% chance) found in The Underworld. It causes your melee attacks to inflict the On Fire! debuff on enemies, and also gives a red flame particle effect that lights up whenever you swing a weapon. Each melee attack has a 14% chance to cause 3 seconds of burning, 29% chance to cause 2 seconds, and 57% chance to cause 1 second.
- Despite the tooltip not specifically saying so, the fire effect only works on melee weapons, including tools that inflict melee damage such as Pickaxes, Axes and Hammers.
- Although they inflict magic damage, the Magical Harp and Frost Staff both benefit from this accessory.
- Lava Bats have a 3x higher chance of dropping this item, so farming it in Hardmode is easier than in Pre-Hardmode.
- Placing any block or using a Magic Mirror with a Magma Stone equipped will cause the player to emit flame particles, but the player won't be set on fire.
- Despite being throwing damage the damage dealt by the Bone Javelin while stuck in an enemy applies the fire effect.