|Use time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a magnet sphere|
The Magnet Sphere is a post-Plantera Hardmode magic weapon that casts a glowing sphere where the player aims. It is obtained as a rare drop from the Blue Armored Bones, Rusty Armored Bones, Hell Armored Bones and Bone Lee in the Hardmode Dungeon.
When cast, it fires a slow cyan sphere that travels in a straight line. The sphere will rapidly shoot beams at the closest enemy as it travels through the air. It will disappear if the central orb hits a solid object or has gone 52 blocks, or if it has been in the air for 7 seconds. If the player casts another sphere while there is already one in the air, the previous one will fade away.
The best Modifier for the Magnet Sphere is Mythical.
- Sphere Fires projectiles at a rate equal to a use time of 9.
- The sphere moves further when it has a modifier reducing speed
- Despite its inability to pierce, this weapon is great for dealing with large hordes of enemies because it auto-targets the next enemy after its target has been killed.
- This weapon is best used in conjunction with the Spectre Hood, since it does a great amount of damage very quickly, maximizing healing. It is also one of the most mana-efficient weapons in the game, which is important considering that the Spectre Hood no longer reduces mana usage.
- After you cast a sphere, you can focus on other things while the sphere does its damage, including attacking with other weapons.
- The Magnet Sphere takes more skill to use in enclosed spaces, as it dissipates on collision with blocks. One can maximize damage output by firing it in a direction where it will move the farthest.
- The Magnet Sphere does not appear to have the "auto-targeting" laser effect in PvP. If the sphere contacts another player it will still damage them, however, even while it is still dissipating from colliding with a wall.
- This is a great weapon to defeat faster enemies such as Bone Lee, thanks to its paralyzing knockback.
- This weapon is useful for picking off Diabolists and Necromancers as it will instantly target them as they teleport.
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|