|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|Damage||34 / 68|
|Max Life||110 / 220|
|Internal NPC ID: 43|
The Man Eater is an enemy found in the Underground Jungle biome. It is a living plant that spawns anchored to blocks, with an extendable stem topped by a pincher. The stem itself is a passive component and can be walked through safely without incurring damage; only the pincher inflicts or takes damage. It is the Cavern layer version of the Snatcher.
Man Eaters deal a lot of damage - they have the strongest "melee" attack of any pre-hardmode enemy. Use caution even when seemingly out of the Man Eater's reach, as they periodically extend their stems to a second maximum length.
Man Eaters are immune to the Poisoned debuff.
Differences from Snatchers[edit | edit source]
- Man Eater's body color is a brown/pinkish vine, as opposed to a green vine for Snatchers.
- Man Eaters have a chance to drop Vines, whereas Snatchers don't.
- Man Eaters can extend their stems about twice as far as Snatchers.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Man Eaters and Hornets will always drop Ancient Cobalt Helmets with Ancient Cobalt Leggings due to the way that the drops are coded. This effectively doubles the intended drop chance of the Leggings.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When lit on fire with weapons such as the Sunfury, their erratic movement patterns may cause them to reveal hidden caves with their light.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2: Vine drop rate increased from 25% to 33.33%.
- Stats changed.
- Health reduced from 130 to 110.
- Damage reduced from 42 to 34.
- Defense reduced from 18 to 10.
- Now have a chance to drop Ancient Cobalt armor when killed.
- Stats changed.
- 1.1: Damage decreased from 45 to 42.
- Health decreased from 200 to 130.
- Damage decreased from 60 to 45
- Man Eaters are now drawn in front of tiles rather than behind them.
- They now extend their stems at random, rather than when the player is moving rapidly.
- Man Eaters no longer drop Jungle armor, which is instead crafted by the player.
- They now pass through blocks, are immune to knockback, and no longer extend their stems when struck.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.