Master Ninja Gear
Master Ninja Gear
|Tooltip|| Allows the ability to climb walls and dash|
Gives a chance to dodge attacks
|Internal Item ID: 984|
The Master Ninja Gear is a Hardmode, post-Plantera accessory that combines the abilities of the Tiger Climbing Gear, the Tabi, and the Black Belt. It allows the player to cling to and slide down vertical walls, quickly dash short distances by double tapping the directional keys in the desired direction, and offers a 10% chance to automatically dodge enemy attacks. There is a one-second cooldown period between dashes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The dash ability can be used to instantly accelerate to sprinting speed when combined with Hermes Boots or other Sprinting accessories.
- If any Sprinting accessories are equipped and dyed, most of the particles which appear during a dash will take on the color of the dye.
- A cloud of smoke will appear around the player upon a successful dodge. If the Cross Necklace or Star Veil is equipped when this happens, the extended invincibility provided by those items stacks with the Master Ninja Gear, providing a total of 2 seconds of invincibility.
- If a player is wearing the Paladin's Shield, incoming damage from teammates can still be dodged.
- The dash distance is about twice as far as Shield of Cthulhu, however the Master Ninja Gear does not impact other enemies, applying damage.
- The dodging ability doesn't stack with the Black Belts dodging ability.
- In the version, shifting the circle pad twice in the preferred direction works as it would on any other version, but as this can be tedious and/or tiring, it is possible to press Grappling Hooks in the player's inventory.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Players may have a difficult time with construction while having this item equipped. Small movements when walling or building can activate the dash and cause misplaced tiles/blocks.
- It may be difficult to dash on the Mobile version due to its movement controls.
- Just like the Black Belt, it is quite effective to dodge Bosses with projectiles and or high speed, such as Duke Fishron if used properly.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As the name suggests, this accessory gives the player abilities similar to what mythical legends of ninja were capable of accomplishing - they were trained in climbing over enemy walls, were claimed to be able to run so fast they left a blur, and use misdirection to make enemies attack a decoy while the real ninja went back into hiding.
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Dash is now longer, but requires more time to recharge.
- 126.96.36.199: Now brings the player to full speed instead of stopping
- 1.2: Introduced.