| Mechanical Worm
| Max stack
| Use time
|| Summons Destroyer
The Mechanical Worm is used to summon The Destroyer, a harder version of the Eater of Worlds. It can only be used during night time. Using another Mechanical Worm while The Destroyer is already spawned will result in instant death. It can also be used in a world without hardmode activated.
If you have not defeated The Destroyer yet and are already in hardmode, all enemies (minus statue-spawned monsters and meteor heads) have a 1 in 2500 chance of dropping this item.
- It is worth noting that, much like the Mechanical Skull, it has a wind-up key on the back of the worm. As mentioned in the Mechanical Skull article, many toys require such keys to be operational.
- Unlike Worm Food, a Mechanical Worm can be used outside of the Corruption. However, the Destroyer can only be summoned during the night, and will despawn if the player fails to defeat it before morning.
- It is possible to summon the Destroyer in a Pre-Hardmode world if the components to the Mechanical Worm (or the item itself) are moved in from another world or via inventory editing.
- The item looks more like an eater of souls with a wind-up key on the back than a worm.
- The Mechanical Worm has four crafting recipes, this is due to the fact that two used items in the recipe have alternates.
When you use the Mechanical Worm and quickly switch the worm with another item in your inventory, the Mechanical Worm will not be consumed but the Destroyer
will be summoned.
- On the Console and Mobile versions of terraria, this is the only mechanical boss summoning item that does not have a suspicious looking variant, however the PC version lacks the Suspicious Looking Skull so on PC its not the only one.
- 1.2.1: Drop chance reduced from 1 in 1000 to 1 in 2500.
- 1.2: Also drops from enemies in Hardmode. No longer requires copper, and requires one less Soul of Night.
- 1.1: Introduced.