|Use time||44 (Very Slow)|
|Internal Item ID: 556|
The Mechanical Worm is a Hardmode item used to summon The Destroyer, the Hardmode version of the Eater of Worlds. It can only be used during night time. Using another Mechanical Worm while The Destroyer is already summoned will result in the Mechanical Worm not being consumed, and a second Destroyer will not appear.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Like a Boss|
|Obtain any boss-summoning item.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike Worm Food, a Mechanical Worm can be used outside of the Corruption. However, it requires night time for usage, whereas the Worm Food can be used regardless of time.
- Like other mechanical summoning items, the Mechanical Worm can be brought to pre-Hardmode worlds and will successfully summon The Destroyer there.
- As with several items, the Mechanical Worm has multiple crafting recipes due to some items in the recipe having alternates.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- 1.2.1: Drop chance reduced from 1 in 1000 (0.10%) to 1 in 2500 (0.04%).
- Now also drops randomly from any enemy in Hardmode.
- No longer requires copper, and requires one fewer Soul of Night.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Iron and Lead|
|Toilet • Bathtub • Fence • Trap Door|
Anvil • Sawmill • Cooking Pot • Chain
Chest • Barrel • Trash Can • Lamp Post
Empty Bucket • Grappling Hook • Flamethrower
Mechanical Eye • Mechanical Skull • Mechanical Worm
Inlet Pump • Outlet Pump