|Use time||6 (Insanely Fast)|
|Tooltip|| 'Minishark's older brother'|
50% chance to not consume ammo
The Megashark is a ranged, ammo-based weapon. It is a stronger version of the Minishark, and with 23 base damage it is arguably the strongest bullet-based weapon in the game. The weapon fires at insanely fast speed and has a 50% chance to not consume ammo. It is one of the best weapons for use against hardmode bosses.
|Soul of Might||20|
|Illegal Gun Parts||1|
- The bullets seem to not always align with the barrel of the gun when firing, resulting in a spread of shots.
- Despite its complex recipe and the almost end-game materials required, the Star Cannon still tops out as the biggest direct damage dealer; the Megashark simply uses easily obtainable ammo and fires more rapidly. Note that this weapon deals more DPS, however, if you use crystal or cursed bullets, not including the damage reduction from defense.
- If this weapon is combined with the ranged set bonus for Hallowed Armor or Adamantite Armor, the observed ammo use reduction is multiplicative, and as a result, the Megashark will use 62.5% less ammo under these conditions (i.e., a full stack of 250 bullets will yield about 667 shots on average).
- The Minishark, a main component in the crafting of the Megashark, is actually worth more than the upgraded gun.
- When combined with crystal bullets, the Megashark can deal outstanding damage per second, making it almost ideal for most hardmode bosses.
- Be careful, the speed of this weapon used on a multiplayer server, due to its rate of fire, may kick you via projectile speed hack detection.
- If used with a full set of Titan armor on, the Megashark has a 67.5% chance to not use ammo, allowing to fire about 769 shots with a full stack of bullets.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Blowpipe • Clockwork Assault Rifle • Flamethrower • Flintlock Pistol • Handgun • Megashark • Minishark • Musket • Phoenix Blaster • Sandgun • Shotgun • Star Cannon|