|Use time||6 (Insanely Fast)|
|Tooltip|| 'Minishark's older brother'|
50% chance to not consume ammo
The Megashark is a Hardmode ranged, ammo-based weapon. It is a stronger version of the Minishark, and with 23 base damage it is arguably the strongest bullet-based weapon in the game (now superseded by the Chain Gun, the currently unobtainable S.D.M.G., and arguably the Uzi.)
|Soul of Might||20|
|Illegal Gun Parts||1|
- The bullets seem to not always align with the barrel of the gun when firing, resulting in a spread of shots.
- The best modifier for the Megashark is Unreal.
- Despite its complex recipe and the almost end-game materials required, the Star Cannon still tops out as the biggest direct damage dealer without the Megashark using Chlorophyte Bullets; the Megashark simply uses easily obtainable ammo and fires more rapidly. Note that this weapon deals more DPS, however, if you use crystal or ichor bullets, not including the damage reduction from defense.
- The Minishark, a main component in the crafting of the Megashark, is actually worth more gold than the upgraded gun.
- When combined with Chlorophyte Bullets, the Megashark can deal outstanding damage per second, making it almost ideal for most hardmode bosses.
- Be careful, the speed of this weapon used on a multiplayer server, due to its rate of fire, may kick you via projectile speed hack detection.
- If this weapon is combined with the ranged set bonus for Hallowed Armor or Adamantite Armor, the observed ammo use reduction is multiplicative, and as a result, the Megashark will use 62.5% less ammo under these conditions (i.e., a full stack of 999 bullets will yield about 2664 shots on average). In case it is used with a Shroomite Breastplate it will use 60% less ammo (2498 shots on average) and when used with Titan armor it will properly use 78% less ammo (3842 shots on average).
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Melee Weapons ( Other) • Ranged Weapons ( Other) • Magic Weapons • Other Weapons|
|Arrow consuming||Bows||Wooden (Rich Mahogany • Ebonwood • Shadewood • Pearlwood) • Copper • Tin • Iron • Lead • Silver • Tungsten • Gold • Platinum • Demon • Tendon • Molten Fury • Marrow • Ice • Pulse • Sharanga|
|Repeaters||Cobalt • Palladium • Mythril • Orichalcum • Adamantite • Titanium • Hallowed • Chlorophyte Shotbow • Vulcan|
|Bullet consuming||Manual Guns||Flintlock Pistol • Boomstick • The Undertaker • Handgun • Shotgun • Red Ryder • Revolver • Phoenix Blaster • Sniper Rifle|
|Automatic Guns||Minishark • Clockwork Assault Rifle • Gatligator • Megashark • Musket • Tactical Shotgun • Uzi • Chain Gun • S.D.M.G. • Venus Magnum|
|Rocket consuming||Explosive Weapons||Proximity Mine Launcher • Rocket Launcher • Grenade Launcher • Snowman Cannon|