From Terraria Wiki
|Use time||6 (Insanely Fast)|
|Tooltip|| 'Minishark's older brother'|
50% chance to not consume ammo
|Soul of Might||20|
|Illegal Gun Parts||1|
- The bullets seem to not always align with the barrel of the gun when firing, resulting in a spread of shots.
- The best modifier for the Megashark is Unreal.
- Despite its complex recipe and the almost end-game materials required, the Star Cannon still tops out as the biggest direct damage dealer without the Megashark using Chlorophyte Bullets; the Megashark simply uses easily obtainable ammo and fires more rapidly. Note that this weapon deals more DPS, however, if you use crystal or ichor bullets, not including the damage reduction from defense.
- The Minishark, a main component in the crafting of the Megashark, is actually worth more gold than the upgraded gun.
- When combined with Chlorophyte Bullets, the Megashark can deal outstanding damage per second, making it almost ideal for most hardmode bosses.
- If the reduced 50% ammo consumption of this weapon is combined with a ranged bonus of 20% reduced ammo usage (such as the Necro Armor's, Shroomite Armor's or Ammo Box's), or with a 25% reduced ammo usage (such as the Hallowed Armor's or Adamantite Armor's), the observed final bonus is multiplicative between the two, resulting in a 60% ammo reduction or 62.5% ammo reduction respectively (That means that a stack of 999 bullets will yield about 2498 and 2664 shots on average, respectively). In case it is used with the Titan armor, the resultant bonus will be 78% less ammo consumption (3842 shots on average).
- There is an unimplemented upgrade to the Megashark called the S.D.M.G..
- 1.1: Introduced.