|Buffed by||Neptune's and Moon Shell|
|Effects||Player turns into a Merfolk|
|Tooltip||'Can breathe and move easily underwater'|
Merfolk is a buff granted to the player who equips the Neptune's Shell or the Moon Shell underwater. It grants the player the ability to breathe underwater, entirely removing the Breath meter. Also, the player is given the ability to swim similar to that of equipping the Flipper. The player moves through water as though it was open air with no reduction in speed. They can also hold space to swim upward, and sink automatically. However, if under a Water Walking effect, players will have to hold the down key (default 's') to descend.
- The Merfolk buff overrides the Werewolf buff, replacing the graphics and cancelling the bonuses granted by the Moon Charm at night.
- 1.2.4: Fixed bug where wings wouldn't work after getting out of water with Merman accessories equipped.
- Touching Lava while in Merform will no longer force the player to leave the water and re-enter to get the Merform back(or in night override this buff by werewolf)(If you have moon shell).
- Fixed issue where merman / werewolf transforms are visible when you're invisible.
- Fixed bug where wing items showed on player's back when in merman form.
- 1.1: Introduced.