From Terraria Wiki
(Redirected from Merfolk)
|Tooltip||Transforms the holder into merfolk when entering water|
|Grants buff||Merfolk (buff)|
|Buff duration||While underwater|
|Buff tooltip||'Can breathe and move easily underwater'|
|Internal Item ID: 497|
|Internal Buff ID: 34|
- On the Desktop version, Neptune's Shell can only be obtained as a drop. It has a 2% / 3% (1/50 / 1/33) chance to be dropped by a Creature from the Deep during a Solar Eclipse event.
- On the Console versions and Mobile versions, Neptune's Shell can only be obtained through crafting.
Neptune's Shell can be considered an upgrade from the Diving Gear in most respects, but lacks the underwater lighting of the Jellyfish Diving Gear and the extra mobility on ice of the Arctic Diving Gear.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Console and Mobile Versions[edit | edit source]
| Mythril Anvil /|
|Soul of Fright||20|
|Soul of Light||5|
|Soul of Night||5|
Used In[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Wearing the Fish Bowl will not activate the Merfolk buff.
- Swimming speed nears that of flying through air with Wings.
- Swimming in Honey activates all the perks of Merfolk but does not allow you to move at full speed.
- Swimming in Lava does not activate the Merfolk form.
- Landing in and "jumping" from water alone (by swimming up past the surface), without touching land, does not reset flight time for Wings or variants of Rocket Boots.
- The Merfolk buff overrides the Werewolf buff, replacing the graphics and canceling the bonuses granted by the Moon Charm during the night.
- The Merfolk form is affected by Dyes.
- Neptune's Shell can also be equipped as a vanity accessory, which causes the Merfolk form to appear regardless of whether the player is in water. This is merely the appearance of the Merfolk, the buff will not take affect while it is equipped as a vanity (caution should be taken when in water, as the player will need to watch their breath meter).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of the item refers to Neptune, Roman god of the sea.
History[edit | edit source]
- 184.108.40.206: Can now hide the Neptune's Shell Merfolk transformation.
- Sprite updated.
- No longer craftable, now dropped by Creature from the Deep.
- 1.2: Now used in the crafting of the Moon Shell.
- 1.1: Introduced.