|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Use time||7 (Insanely Fast)|
|Tooltip|| 33% chance to not consume ammo.|
'Half shark, half gun, completely awesome.'
|Buy / Sell||35 / 7|
The Minishark is a machine gun that can be bought from the Arms Dealer and uses any form of bullet. It has an incredibly high fire rate, making it devastating against most enemies and is even effective against the first 4 (non-hardmode) Bosses. It has a base power of 6, yielding 13 damage with Musket Balls and 15 damage with either Meteor Shot or Silver Bullets. In addition, each shot from the Minishark has a 1 in 3 chance (~33%) of not consuming any ammunition.
- On average, a stack of 250 bullets can yield 375 shots.
- With the Necro armor, which provides an additional 1 in 5 chance (20%) of not consuming ammunition, giving combined chance equal to 7 in 15 (46.7%). In this case the average yield from a 250-bullet stack rises to 469 shots.
- On average with the Minishark in constant use, one bullet is consumed every 10.5 use time (0.175 seconds)
- With the Necro armor on average, one bullet is consumed every 15 use time (0.25 seconds).
- The Minishark cannot be reforged with the Unreal prefix, as it does not have knockback; the best prefix is Demonic.
Skeletron normally takes 4-5 damage from this weapon, but when his head is spinning he loses all of his defense, giving you an opportunity to hit for much higher damage (about 12-16 damage depending on your ammo).
 Used in
- 1.1: Price lowered from 40 to 35 gold coins.
- 1.0.6: Added 33% chance to not consume ammo.
- Damage increased from 5 to 6.
- Price changed from 50 gold coins to 40 gold coins.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
|Blowpipe • Clockwork Assault Rifle • Flamethrower • Flintlock Pistol • Handgun • Megashark • Minishark • Musket • Phoenix Blaster • Sandgun • Shotgun • Star Cannon|