| Mobile-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the mobile version of Terraria.
- For the mobile version history, see Mobile Version History.
The mobile version of Terraria is ported by 505 Games in collaboration with Codeglue and RakNet and runs on Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices. This version is currently equivalent (roughly) to the desktop 184.108.40.206 version. It also has some content that is not included in the desktop or Console versions, including exclusive enemies, bosses, pets, and other items.
It is available on:
- iOS for $4.99 (€4.48 / £3.99)
- Android via Google Play for $4.99 (€4.48 / £3.99)
- Android via Amazon for $4.99 (€4.48 / £3.99)
- Windows Phone for $4.99 (€4.48 / £3.99)
See the mobile FAQ maintained by 505 Games for some technical tips.
Some items may also appear in the Console version and the version. The mobile version also includes items introduced in Console 1.2.
- The new update allows you to choose expanded worlds to avoid overcrowding biomes.
- Local multiplayer with up to four players is supported on iOS and Android.
- New players spawn with a Wooden Sword instead of a Copper Shortsword like on Desktop and Console.
- After beating Plantera, all dungeon enemies have a 1/13 chance of spawning a Dungeon Spirit when killed regardless of health; while on console and Desktop, only enemies with 100 health or higher have a chance of spawning a dungeon spirit upon death.
- On mobile every weapon is granted autoswing.
- In mobile, it is impossible to write on Signs.
- In Hardmode, the day and night cycle is the same length as the PC version, but in Pre-Hardmode, it is much shorter.
- All characters are on the Softcore Difficulty Setting.
- When it rains at night, there is a lightning effect.
- The Torches' graphics are different.
- Living Tree comes with torches.
- On the mobile version, screen size is slightly/much smaller then the Desktop Version's screen size, making some boss fights, events, or even catching Truffle Worms slightly harder.
- There is no Housing Menu on the mobile version, making it impossible to choose a house for the NPC since the NPC will choose its own house. This means any of your NPCs can own your house, can stay in another NPC's house, or they can even own a bathroom.
- In mobile version, Music boxes can take more than hours to record a song. Also, Music boxes are slighty glitchy in the mobile version.
- Like in Desktop Versions you can use weapons and items while Mounting.