|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Use time||19 (Very Fast)|
The Muramasa is a glowing blue Broadsword that is only found in the Dungeon's Gold Chests. It is one of the few melee weapons that will automatically swipe repeatedly by holding down the attack button.
The Muramasa has a slightly longer reach than the Phaseblade, and deals 18 damage with a fast attack speed. It emits a decent amount of light when used.
 Used in
- It may not be the most powerful of weapons, but can be effective while running for killing Slimes, knocking back flying enemies, clearing Thorny Bushes, cutting away weeds and harvesting Plants.
- As the Muramasa is already a very quick weapon, a good tactic is to equip a full set of Shadow armor and some Feral Claws with Bowl of Soup to give it an incredibly fast swipe speed, allowing you to cut through virtually any non hardmode enemy with ease.
- Muramasa is likely named after a famous swordsmith of the same name who lived in 16th century Japan, whose blades were thought to have an unnatural blood lust, crying out for blood at night and refusing to be sheathed until they drew blood, even resorting to cutting their owner.
- Muramasa was arguably the best weapon in the game until its damage and knockback were reduced and the ability to equip more than one pair of Feral Claws was removed. Prior to these updates, its high attack speed combined with the knockback it caused made it nearly impossible for enemies in front of the player to come close.
- Due to many similarities to Cobalt Sword (the color, speed, auto-attack and theme), Muramasa may be made out of Cobalt. However, Muramasa was introduced before actual Cobalt was added.
- In terms of surviving, this far outmatches the Excalibur against melee enemies, as the consistent blows and knockback will leave a shield of swords for the enemy to run against.