|Type||Accessory – Furniture|
|Dimensions||2 wide ˣ 2 high|
|Tooltip||Has a chance to record songs|
|Buy / Sell||10 / 2|
|Internal Tile ID: 139|
The Music Box is a Hardmode Accessory that can be purchased from the Wizard. When the Music Box is equipped in an accessory slot, it will record the currently playing game music, after a randomized delay. This includes tracks being played by other Music Boxes. Once recorded, it will change into one of the music boxes listed below.
A recorded Music Box can be played back in one of two ways:
- Equipping it as an accessory
- Placing it as furniture and activating it, either by right-click or with wires.
Recorded Music Boxes[edit | edit source]
| Overworld Day
Internal Item ID: 562
|Forest (while Alt Overworld Day is not playing)||Bandcamp, YouTube|
| Alt Overworld Day
Internal Item ID: 1600
|Forest (while Overworld Day is not playing)||Bandcamp, YouTube|
Internal Item ID: 564
(except in Corruption/Crimson/Jungle Biomes)
Internal Item ID: 1601
|During raining in a Forest Biome||Bandcamp, YouTube|
Internal Item ID: 1596
|Snow ||Underground Snow||YouTube|
Internal Item ID: 1602
|Ice ||Snow Biome||Bandcamp, YouTube|
Internal Item ID: 1603
Internal Item ID: 1604
|Ocean||Bandcamp (), YouTube (), |
Internal Item ID: 1597
|Space||Bandcamp (), YouTube (), |
Internal Item ID: 566
|Underground, Caverns||Bandcamp, YouTube|
| Alt Underground
Internal Item ID: 1694
|Alternative to Underground music||YouTube|
Internal Item ID: 1610
|Mushroom Biome||Bandcamp, YouTube|
Internal Item ID: 568
|Jungle, Underground Jungle||Bandcamp, YouTube|
Internal Item ID: 563
|Underworld, Meteorite, Blood Moon||Bandcamp, YouTube|
Internal Item ID: 569
| Underground Corruption
Internal Item ID: 2742
|Underground Corruption||Bandcamp, YouTube|
Internal Item ID: 1598
| Underground Crimson
Internal Item ID: 1598
| The Hallow
Internal Item ID: 571
| Underground Hallow
Internal Item ID: 573
|Underground Hallow||Bandcamp, YouTube|
Internal Item ID: 1605
Internal Item ID: 1608
|Jungle Temple||Bandcamp, YouTube|
| Boss 1
Internal Item ID: 567
|Goblin Army, King Slime, Eye of Cthulhu (),
Eater of Worlds, Skeletron, Skeletron Prime,
Duke Fishron ()
| Boss 2
Internal Item ID: 572
|Wall of Flesh, The Twins||Bandcamp|
| Boss 3
Internal Item ID: 574
|The Destroyer, Frost Legion, Brain of Cthulhu||Bandcamp|
| Boss 4
Internal Item ID: 1599
|Golem, Pirate Invasion||Bandcamp|
|Boss 4 ||Queen Bee, Eye of Cthulhu, Ocram||Bandcamp|
| Boss 5
Internal Item ID: 1607
|Queen Bee, Eye of Cthulhu (), Ocram ()||YouTube|
|Boss 5 ||Golem, Pirate Invasion||YouTube|
Internal Item ID: 1606
Internal Item ID: 1609
|Solar Eclipse||Bandcamp, YouTube|
| Pumpkin Moon
Internal Item ID: 1963
|Pumpkin Moon Event||YouTube|
| Frost Moon
Internal Item ID: 1695
|Frost Moon Event||YouTube|
Internal Item ID: 565
|Crafting (Music Boxes): Overworld Day, Eerie,
Night, Underground, Boss 1, Jungle, Corruption,
Underground Corruption, The Hallow, Boss 2,
Underground Hallow, and Boss 3
|Tutorial||Crafting (Music Boxes): Desert, Space, |
Boss 4, Ocean, and Snow
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A Music Box will not record if the game's music volume is set to 0.
- A Music Box will not record when equipped in an accessory vanity slot.
- It can take up to 10 minutes for a Music Box to record a song on the console version of the game.
- It can take longer to record a song on the mobile version compared to other versions of the game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The total amount needed to buy one of every music box is 430 on PC (344 with the Discount Card) or 600 on console/mobile.
- A Music Box will always sell for 2 , regardless of whether it has recorded anything.
- Activating a recorded Music Box that has been placed will cause all players in the vicinity to play its music.
- The Music Box (Tutorial) was initially crafted with console/mobile-exclusive Music Boxes. With the exception of the Music Box (Tutorial) itself, these Music Boxes are no longer exclusive, as of 1.2.
References[edit | edit source]
- In the console version, the Snow and Underground Snow (Ice) variants are switched; The same applies to the Boss 4 and Boss 5 variants.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Fixed the bug where the wiring system was not activating Doors, Music Boxes and Fountains properly.
- Updated graphics and each box has a unique design.
- Reverting back to randomly having a chance to record music.
- Music notes now come from music boxes.
- 1.2.1: You can no longer reforge Music Boxes.
- 18.104.22.168: Fixed a bug that caused the music box to record instantly.
- 22.214.171.124: You can no longer use the music box dupe glitch.
- More music added.
- Music box/chest duping no longer works.
- 1.1.1: Fixed a bug with copying of recorded Music Box upon placing on wood platforms.
- 1.1: Introduced.
| Furniture: Crafting Stations • Light Sources • Storage Items • Other Items |