|Type||Ore – Crafting material|
Mythril Ore is an ore that appears in the world every two Demon Altars or Crimson Altars that have been destroyed in the cycle in which hard-mode ores are spawned. Demon or Crimson Altars can be destroyed only after the Wall of Flesh has been defeated and by using a Pwnhammer or greater. Doing this without defeating it first will result in the player's health divided in half each attempt.
Mythril Ore is colored grayish-green and can be found all throughout the Cavern layer. It cannot be mined with Molten Pickaxes. This mineral can only be mined by a Cobalt Drill or higher. To craft all Mythril equipment, the player needs to acquire 180 bars, or a total of 720 ore.
 Used in
- On a small map Mythril spawns below a depth of 600 feet (300 tiles).
- On a medium map Mythril spawns below a depth of 1,400 feet (700 tiles).
- On a large map Mythril spawns below a depth of 2,000 feet (1,000 tiles).
- Mythril Ore is a reference to the Mithril in J. R. R. Tolkien's writings and several fantasy settings since.
- Mythril ore does not shine while Underground, unlike the full set of Mythril armor.
|Copper • Iron • Silver • Gold|
Tin • Lead • Tungsten • Platinum
Demonite • Crimtane • Meteorite • (Hellstone + Obsidian)
Cobalt • Mythril • Adamantite
Palladium • Orichalcum • Titanium
|Ore • Bar • Brick • Brick Wall|
Chainsaw • Drill • Anvil
Halberd • Sword • Repeater