|Type||Ore – Crafting material|
Mythril Ore is an ore that appears in the world after the player destroys a Demon Altar with a Pwnhammer. This will "bless" the world with deposits of either Mythril Ore, Cobalt Ore, or Adamantite Ore. These ores will then be found randomly like any other.
Mythril Ore is colored grayish-green and can be found all throughout the Cavern layer. It cannot be mined with Molten Pickaxes. This mineral can only be mined by a Cobalt Drill or higher. To craft all Mythril equipment, the player needs to acquire 180 bars, or a total of 720 ore.
 Used in
- On a small map Mythril spawns below a depth of 1,000 feet (500 tiles).
- On a medium map Mythril spawns below a depth of 1,400 feet (700 tiles).
- On a large map Mythril spawns below a depth of 2,000 feet (1,000 tiles).
- Mythril Ore is a reference to the Mithril in J. R. R. Tolkien's writings and several fantasy settings since.
- Mythril ore does not shine while Underground, unlike the full set of Mythril armor.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Copper • Iron • Silver • Gold|
|Ore • Bar • Brick • Brick Wall|
Chainsaw • Drill • Anvil
Halberd • Sword • Repeater • Light Disc