Mythril Ore is a Hardmode ore that appears in the world every two out of three Demon Altars or Crimson Altars (note that its equivalent, Orichalcum Ore, may spawn instead) that have been destroyed.
Mythril Ore is found throughout the Cavern layer. It can only be mined by a Cobalt Drill/Cobalt Pickaxe or higher. To craft all Mythril equipment, the player needs to acquire 155 bars, or a total of 620 ore.
- On a small map Mythril spawns below a depth of 600 feet (300 blocks).
- On a medium map Mythril spawns below a depth of 1,700 feet (850 block).
- On a large map Mythril spawns below a depth of 2,000 feet (1,000 blocks).
- On the Mini-map Mythril ore shows up as a light blue, not green.
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- 188.8.131.52: Placed Mythril has a new texture.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.1: Introduced.