Animation of the Night's Edge.
The Night's Edge is a high-end Broadsword and the strongest pre-Hardmode sword. It has about the same reach as a Muramasa, one of its crafting ingredients. When swung, the Night's Edge emits light similar to the Fiery Greatsword and Muramasa, but the effect is more subtle and does not last as long.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
- With the Legendary modifier, this weapon can last well into Hardmode.
- Before the 1.1 update, this was the strongest sword of the game, although it has been dethroned since. Despite this, it's still the strongest pre-Hardmode sword.
- The Night's Edge is the only item crafted at a Demon/Crimson Altar that isn't a boss summoning item.
- The four swords used to craft it all represent a major pre-Hardmode biome: The Blade of Grass representing the Jungle, the Muramasa the Dungeon, the Fiery Greatsword The Underworld, and the Light's Bane/Blood Butcherer the Corruption/Crimson.
- The crafting recipes appear different depending on the world's hazard biome, Crimson Or Corruption.
- The Nights Edge and the Terrarian are the only weapons in the game to have their own toy product (see Terraria Toys Now Available! and The Terrarian by OneDrop).
- 188.8.131.52: Current sprite improved.
- Sprite altered.
- Damage increased from 40 to 42.
- Attack speed increased from very slow to average.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.