|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||21 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a cloud to rain down on your foes|
|Internal Item ID: 1244|
The Nimbus Rod is a Hardmode Magic Weapon that creates clouds that cause damaging "rain" projectiles to fire downward. When cast, a cloud projectile is fired from the rod and travels towards the mouse pointer. Upon reaching its destination or colliding with a solid block, the cloud stops and begins emitting rain particles downward for one full minute. Each drop of rain deals the weapon's stated damage and pierces through enemies. Up to two clouds can be created in this way, and subsequent uses of the weapon will cause the oldest cloud to disappear.
Its best Modifier is Demonic.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Clouds themselves cannot travel through solid objects like blocks or closed Doors, but can pass through platforms and water.
- Firing a cloud on the top of a block will cause the rain drops to go through up to 3 blocks downward.
- The rain's range is approximately 100 blocks down.
- The Crimson Cloud from the Crimson Rod can also be active, allowing you to have up to three clouds on the screen at once.
- The player pays Mana only for the initial casting of the cloud, leaving them free to use other magic weapons without additional concern for cost.
- The rain from the Nimbus Rod travels at the same speed as a falling player.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Nimbus Rod's fire-and-forget nature, low cost, long duration and relatively high damage over time make it an ideal weapon to have during fights against large enemies like Bosses. The piercing property of the raindrops proves effective against multi-segmented enemies, such as the Destroyer as well. The player is also left free to use other weapons while the clouds are active.
- The Nimbus Rod is incredibly powerful against the pillar bosses during the Lunar Events scenario after their shield has gone down, since they remain stationary. This allows you to deal damage to it while you focus on staying alive and dealing with its minions.
- Each individual raindrop will trigger damage-related set bonuses, such as those of the Orichalcum armor and Spectre armor.
- As there is limited space between drops, the rain from a Nimbus cloud can serve as a barrier against destructible projectiles.
- It is possible to have rain go through a one block line.( To do this, put your cursor underneath a one block tall bridge of blocks, then right click.)
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2: Introduced.