|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|Use time||21 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a cloud to rain down on your foes|
|Internal Item ID: 1244|
The Nimbus Rod is a Hardmode Magic Weapon that creates clouds that cause damaging "rain" projectiles to fire downward. When cast, a cloud projectile is fired from the rod and travels towards the mouse pointer. Upon reaching its destination or colliding with a solid block, the cloud stops and begins emitting rain particles downward for one full minute. Each drop of rain deals the weapon's stated damage and pierces through enemies. Up to two clouds can be created in this way, and subsequent uses of the weapon will cause the oldest cloud to disappear.
The Nimbus Rod has a 1/15 (6.7%) chance of dropping from an Angry Nimbus. Because the Nimbus Rod has no knockback, it cannot have any Modifiers that affect knockback, including Mythical and Ruthless. Its best possible modifier is Demonic.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Clouds themselves cannot travel through solid objects like blocks or closed Doors, but can pass through platforms and water.
- Firing a cloud on the top of a block will cause the rain drops to go through up to 3 blocks downward.
- The rain's range is approximately 100 blocks down.
- The Crimson Cloud from the Crimson Rod can also be active, allowing you to have up to three clouds on the screen at once.
- The player pays Mana only for the initial casting of the cloud, leaving them free to use other magic weapons without additional concern for cost.
- The rain from the Nimbus Rod travels at the same speed as a falling player.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Nimbus Rod's fire-and-forget nature, low cost, long duration and relatively high damage over time make it an ideal weapon to have during fights against large enemies like Bosses. The piercing property of the raindrops proves effective against multi-segmented enemies as well. The player is also left free to use other weapons while the clouds are active.
- Each individual raindrop will trigger damage-related set bonuses, such as those of the Orichalcum armor and Spectre armor.
- As there is limited space between drops, the rain from a Nimbus cloud can serve as a barrier against destructible projectiles.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2: Introduced.