|Use time||24 (fast)|
The North Pole is a Spear weapon dropped by the Ice Queen during the Frost Moon. It fires an icy spear projectile with no mana or ammo cost. The projectile travels straight and is then affected by gravity. It leaves a trail of snowflakes that deal damage, effectively "carpet bombing" the area between the player and the landing point of the projectile. The projectile will break upon contact with any enemy or block, and cannot be swung continuously.
- The snowflakes are affected by the direction of the weather, so make sure to adjust aim to compensate.
- Fighting enemies out in the open gives a huge advantage, especially during the holiday moon summonings.
- Aim it straight up and launch the missile upwards to allow all the snowflakes to descend and rain unrelenting damage against large targets. This can destroy bosses with ease.
- The North Pole is the northernmost point of the Earth, and many Christmas stories state that Santa Claus lives there. As the Frost Moon is a Christmas-themed event this item's name may refer to this, or alternatively to how the North Pole is a place of eternal frost.
- The North Pole is a spear, a form of polearm, so it may be a joke on the "North 'Pole'".
- Damage reduced from 75 to 73, projectile cap added.
- Fixed bug where north pole projectile could attain enough gravity velocity to pass through blocks.
- North Pole can no longer fire through walls.
- 1.2.2: Introduced.
| Spears |
| Cobalt Naginata • Palladium Pike • Mythril Halberd • Orichalcum Halberd • Adamantite Glaive • Titanium Trident • Gungnir • Chlorophyte Partisan|
Spear • Trident • The Rotted Fork • Swordfish • Dark Lance • Mushroom Spear • Obsidian Swordfish • North Pole • Tonbogiri
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hercules Beetle • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Necromantic Scroll • Papyrus Scarab • Pygmy Necklace • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor • Tiki armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|