|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 1947|
The North Pole is a spear dropped by the Ice Queen during the Frost Moon event. It fires an icy spear projectile with no mana or ammo cost similar to the Daybreak. The projectile travels straight and is then affected by gravity. It leaves a trail of snowflakes that deal damage, effectively "carpet bombing" the area between the player and the landing point of the projectile. The projectile will break upon contact with any enemy or block, and cannot be swung continuously.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The spear projectile deals approximately 80% of weapon damage (about 60 dmg) while the snowflakes deal approximately 63% of weapon damage (about 45 dmg.)
- The snowflakes are affected by the direction of the weather, so make sure to adjust aim to compensate.
- The projectiles are affected by liquids; when used underwater they travel half the normal distance before being affected by gravity and arc downwards very sharply. This does not reduce the number of snowflakes spawned per projectile, however, leading to a denser cluster of flakes.
- This weapon functions similar to Daybreak and Scourge of the Corruptor but without auto swing.
- Holding this weapon will reduce the Melee Speed boost by half, which reduces the Velocity increasing of the projectile from the Melee Speed boost.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Fighting enemies out in the open gives a huge advantage.
- Aim it straight up and launch the missile upwards to allow all the snowflakes to descend and rain damage against large targets. This can destroy bosses with ease.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The North Pole is the northernmost point of the Earth, traditionally stated as the location of Santa Claus' home. Being a spear, like a pole, it uses North Pole as a pun. It follows from the weapon being dropped during the Christmas-themed Frost Moon event.
History[edit | edit source]
- Damage reduced from 75 to 73.
- Added a projectile cap.
- Fixed a bug where the North Pole projectile could attain enough gravity velocity to pass through blocks.
- Can no longer fire through walls.
- 1.2.2: Introduced.
| Spears |
| Cobalt Naginata • Palladium Pike • Mythril Halberd • Orichalcum Halberd • Adamantite Glaive • Titanium Trident • Gungnir • Chlorophyte Partisan|
Spear • Trident • The Rotted Fork • Swordfish • Dark Lance • Ghastly Glaive • Mushroom Spear • Obsidian Swordfish • North Pole • Tonbogiri
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Sword Projectiles||• • • • •|
|Other Projectiles||• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Projectile Only||• • •|