| PC/Console-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the console and PC version of Terraria.
The Nymph is a rare enemy that spawns underground. When first encountered, it appears as the Lost Girl, who pretends to be a helpless NPC that needs to be saved. When a player gets close, it transforms and attacks as the Nymph, a dangerous enemy that deals high damage (for a pre-Hardmode enemy). It is arguably the rarest creature in Terraria and is extremely hard to find.
- Minions and other enemy-seeking weapons will target the Lost Girl before she transforms into a Nymph.
- Nymphs spawn more often during Hardmode, and spawn more often in Underground Snow.
- Nymphs will continue to spawn as Lost Girls if you defeat them from a distance and never approach them. They begin spawning as Nymphs after the first close encounter.
- It appears to spawn more frequently in the console version.
- The Nymph Banner is practically the hardest thing to find in terraria.
- It cannot attack from a distance, nor can it jump very high. Use a ranged weapon from an out-of-reach position.
- A Harpoon or Flail can be effective, as Nymphs can be stun-locked. Even with its high health, the Harpoon can kill a Nymph in moments with no risk to the wielder, due to its extremely high rate of fire, so long as it is used at short range.
- The Lost Girl appears completely naked.
- In Greek and Latin mythology, a nymph is a lesser female deity with the power to animate nature.
- Could be inspired by numerous characters in popular culture that bait heroes by appearing harmless and in need of assistance.
- The left half of the Nymph Banner is of the Lost Girl NPC, while the right half is the Nymph monster.
- 1.2.3: Spawn chance increased.
- 1.2: Introduced.