| PC/Console-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the console and PC version of Terraria.
The Nymph is a rare monster that spawns underground. When first encountered, it will appear as the Lost Girl and pretend to be a helpless NPC that needs to be saved. When you get close, however, it will transform and attack as a Nymph. It's a dangerous enemy as it does high amounts of damage and easily surprises new players. After the first encounter it won't appear as a Lost Girl again. It is arguably the rarest creature in Terraria and is extremely hard to find.
- It cannot attack from a distance, nor can it jump very high. As such, using a ranged weapon, preferably from somewhere it cannot reach you, is an easy way to defeat it.
- It is easier to fight with a Harpoon or flail, as Nymphs can be stun-locked.
- it appears that it spawns more frequently in the console version
- Minions and other enemy seeking weapons will target the Lost Girl before she transforms into a Nymph.
- As the Nymph is one of the rarest enemies in the game, its Monster Banner is one of the hardest items to obtain.
- Though it won't appear as a Lost Girl anymore after 1st encounter, it will always appear as Lost Girl as long as you provoke and kill it using ranged weapon or a Boomerang from distance.
- The Lost Girl appears to be completely naked, which is a unique trait amongst all humanoid NPCs.
- In Greek and Latin mythology, a nymph is a lesser female deity with the power to animate nature.
- The name Lost Girl could be a possible reference to the Canadian supernatural crime drama television series Lost Girl, where nymphs are a type of supernatural beings.
- Although the skin and eye colors change, the hair remains relatively the same.
- It could be a reference to the witch in Left 4 Dead. Just like in Terraria, it appears as a helpless girl, but when you startle her, she will attack you with high damage.
- 1.2.3: Spawn chance increased.
- 1.2: Introduced.