|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|Type||Ore – Crafting material|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 173|
|Internal Tile ID: 56|
Obsidian is a unique crafting material created when Water and Lava collide, at which point it forms placed Blocks that can be mined and collected. Obsidian appears as an Ore and is gathered similarly, but has no bar form of its own; though it is required in order to craft Hellstone Bars. Mining Obsidian requires a Nightmare Pickaxe, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Reaver Shark, Molten Pickaxe, any Drill, or Bombs/Dynamite.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Obsidian is not destroyed by Lava, despite not being of Blue Rarity.
- Obsidian is fairly rare naturally and will usually require player intervention to spawn.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Obsidian in real life is cooled volcanic glass. It is a very brittle substance that chips easily.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Placed Obsidian has a new texture, and can now craft the Obsidian Armor set.
- 1.2.4: No longer used to craft the Abeemination.
- 1.2: Stack limit was increased from 250 to 999.
- 1.0.2: Hellstone and Obsidian now require at least a Nightmare Pickaxe to gather.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.