|Type||Ore – Crafting material|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 173|
|Internal Tile ID: 56|
Obsidian is a unique pre-Hardmode Ore, which created when Water and Lava collide, at which point it forms placed Blocks that can be mined and collected. Obsidian appears as an Ore and is gathered similarly, but has no bar form of its own; though it is required in order to craft Hellstone Bars. Mining Obsidian requires a pickaxe with at least 65% pickaxe power or Explosives.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
All versions[edit | edit source]
Desktop Version[edit | edit source]
Mobile and Console Version[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Obsidian is not destroyed by Lava, despite being of White Rarity.
- Obsidian is fairly rare naturally and will usually require player intervention to spawn.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Obsidian in real life is cooled volcanic glass. It is a very brittle substance that chips easily.
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Placed and Obsidian Item has a new texture, and can now craft the Obsidian Armor set and Demon Torch.
- 1.2.4: No longer used to craft the Abeemination.
- 1.2: Stack limit was increased from 250 to 999.
- 1.0.2: Hellstone and Obsidian now require at least a Nightmare Pickaxe to gather.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.