Ocram First Form
| AI Type
|| Ocram AI
| Max Life
| Console/Mobile-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the console and mobile version of Terraria.
Ocram is a Hardmode boss exclusive to the Console/Mobile Version of Terraria. He is summoned with the Suspicious Looking Skull at night once all three Mechanical Bosses are defeated. Ocram is the only Boss that will drop 15-30 Soul of Blight.
Ocram's attack style is very similar to that of the Eye of Cthulhu: It has two stages and spawns minions, but still spawns these in its second form, and additionally fires lasers and scythes similar to that of Demons.
Ocram fires red lasers, charges at the player intermittently, and summons Servants of Ocram (similar to Servants of Cthulhu but with ~3.5x the damage and ~40x the life).
After Ocram's health is reduced to half, it switches to its second form, during which its damage doubles and Servants of Ocram continue spawning. Additionally:
- Charging at the player becomes constant.
- Its laser changes to a more damaging blue version, which fire with a greater spread.
- Demon Scythe projectiles accompany its lasers.
- Distance between the player and Ocram gets smaller.
- Ocram will not drop greater healing potions, but instead lesser healing potions.
- Attempting to use the Suspicious Looking Skull in a world not in Hardmode, and/or during the day, will do nothing, and the item will not be consumed from the player's inventory.
- Ocram tends to get closer to the player than most bosses.
For more elaborate strategies on defeating Ocram, including Weapon and Arena recommendations, see Guide: Ocram strategies.
- Using a Rainbow Gun works very well, as Ocram stays in one place for several seconds at a time. Using Death Sickle works as well.
- Its very easy to just mow down the servants of Ocram with a Terra Blade or other fast, high damage swords.
- Nimbus clouds are also effective when you place them above your battle field.
- Crystal Bullets with an Unreal Megashark are effective.
- Average melee weapons with no ranged features tend to be less effective, as it can be difficult to make physical contact with Ocram.
- Vampire Knives are very useful since each knife does the same amount of damage and it also heals you which when teamed with offensive Beetle armor can be devastating.
- Terra Blade is useful, especially when you hold down the button or rapidly press the button to spam Terra Beams.
- The Flamethrower is very effective, even when using melee-themed armor.
- Making an area underground 3 blocks high and about 7-10 blocks long will render most of Ocram's Demon Sickles and Laser attacks useless. The only problem with this strategy is the player will need to aquire a weapon that can attack through walls.
- If you can get the Piranha Gun and Beetle Armor, you can stand totally still with the Piranha on Ocram, while the Servants of Ocram deal 1 damage, avoiding most of the damage from Ocram himself.
- While the Servants are weak on their own, they spawn in large numbers and can inflict high damage.
- The Nettle Burst, a drop from Plantera, can be useful, as Ocram tends to float in one area for a couple seconds. The Nettle Burst can get several hits off in that time period.
- Note that as Ocram's hit box is quite large, most ranged and magic weapons that have large projectiles like the Jack 'O Lantern Launcher or the Bubble Gun will hit him.
- The Bubble Gun will mow Ocram down in under 15 seconds. It is extremely effective if you wish to farm him for items.
- The Horseman's Blade is a good choice, especially when combined with Nasty Beetle armor and damage-augmenting accessories. This will help deal with the servants of Ocram he barfs out while damaging Ocram at the same time.
- This boss is relatively hard if the player constructs a flat platform and fights it like the Wall of Flesh.
- The Staff of the Frost Hydra is useless.
- Ocram is the only Boss exclusive to both the Console and Mobile versions.
- As of the 1.2 update for the Console version, Ocram and his servants are the only console-only enemies to not get a new sprite, possibly because their sprite was not a recolour of anything prior to the 1.2 update.
- "Ocram" spelled backwards is "Marco", the name of Ocram's programmer.
- It is theorised that Ocram could in fact be part of or Cthulhu; the green brain like thing shown could be Brain of Cthulhu and the eye in his forehead in his second form could be Eye of Cthulhu.
- Ocram is considered by some players to be the hard mode version of Brain of Cthulhu, but this is not confirmed to be true.