Paintings are non-craftable Decorative Furniture. There are currently 70 obtainable paintings, of which 14 are sold by the Painter under certain circumstances, 15 are found in underground cabins, 22 are found in the Dungeon, 13 are found in the Underworld, 5 can be gotten from Goodie Bags, and 1 can be obtained from the Angler as a quest reward.
 Paintings List
|American Explosive||Crowno Devours His Lunch||Discover||Father of Someone|
|Finding Gold||Glorious Night||Guide Picasso||Land|
|The Merchant||Nurse Lisa||Old Miner||Rare Enchantment|
|Dark Soul Reaper||Darkness||Demon's Eye||Flowing Magma|
|Glory of the Fire||Hand Earth||Imp Face||Lake of Fire|
|Living Gore||Ominous Presence||Shining Moon||Skelehead|
|Bitter Harvest||Blood Moon Countess||Hallow's Eve||Jacking Skeletron|
|Pillagin Me Pixels|
- The paintings that are "attributed" to V. Costa Moura could mean that they are worth less than what they are sold for.
(V. Costa Moura > Costa Moura > Cost Mour > Cost more)
- They could also be a reference to the fact that items are bought at 5x the sell price. (V = 5, Costa Moura stated above)
- The Catacomb, while visually similar to a painting, is in fact an actual niche in the wall containing a skeleton. Since Terraria is 2D, this is not immediately obvious.
- Other decorative wall hangings include Hanging Skeleton and Wall Skeleton (both looted from the Dungeon), Trophies (dropped by Bosses), Holly (looted from Christmas Presents), Racks (crafted at the Sawmill), Animal Skins (sold by the Traveling Merchant), Treasure Map, Ship's Wheel, Life Preserver and Wall Anchor (Angler quest rewards). Although Banners have the appearance of being wall hangings, they are not hung on the wall, but rather from blocks.
- 1.2.4: Pillagin Me Pixels added.
- 1.2.1: Added new Halloween themed paintings.
- 1.2: Introduced. There are over 50 paintings that can be collected randomly throughout the world.