|Damage|| 100 / 200 (melee)|
120 / 180 (hammer)
|Max Life||5000 / 10000|
|Internal NPC ID: 290|
Paladins are rare, resilient Hardmode enemies that spawn in the Dungeon after Plantera is defeated. They throw hammer projectiles rapidly that can pass through blocks and inflict extreme damage. Paladins are much more likely to spawn in Dungeon areas with Brick Walls.
It is one of the few enemies that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Paladins are exceptionally tough enemies. Their projectile attack is unusually versatile for a non-boss enemy and inflicts extreme damage. A Paladin has more health than Skeletron, immunity to knockback and high defense, making it difficult to kill and dangerous to try to slip past or ignore. This is made worse by the fact other mobs, particularly the ones with ranged attacks, added to the mix can make for a whole new level of difficulty to the fight.
- Although Paladins have a visual height of 4 tiles, they can pass through 3 tile-tall corridors.
- Paladins cannot throw hammers while moving.
- On the Mobile versions, Paladins are not immune to the Confused debuff.
- They have the same amount of defense as the Moon Lord and Duke Fishron in his first form.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A Paladin's attack will be interrupted if it takes damage, with faster-hitting weapons stopping it from attacking entirely.
- Most melee weapons are capable of hitting fast enough, although the Paladin's knockback immunity as well as other mobs may make this tough to pull off.
- Fast-firing ranged weapons can also be used, however, other enemies may get in the way, allowing the Paladin to attack. Consider using piercing or exploding shots.
- Magic weapons with piercing capabilities can be used to great effect. Notable examples are the Heat Ray, Nettle Burst, or Magical Harp. Once obtained, a Shadowbeam Staff can also be used.
- Summoning weapons are extremely capable of taking the Paladin out. On the desktop version, if the Paladin is targeted, the minions will almost always hit it fast enough to halt its attacks. The player can then focus on taking out other enemies and staying safe.
- A Piranha Gun can be used to easily take out the Paladin by latching on with the gun and running away.
- Another strategy is to create a small hole in the walls of the dungeon close enough so that the Paladin won't throw its hammers. From this safe spot, use a Scourge of the Corruptor, Nimbus Rod, Spectre Staff, or other weapons capable of hitting it through this opening.
- Paladins are less likely to target players outside their line-of-sight.
- Fighting it in smaller hallways is not recommended, as this leaves no room for dodging, and often leads to a quick death. If you were to fight a Paladin in a longer, two-way corridor, you may be able to kill the Paladin by continuously attacking as you back away from it. This can still be dangerous, though, as any additional enemies that sneak up from behind can worsen the situation.
- The damage taken from touching a Paladin is weaker than its thrown hammers, unless in Expert mode.
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- 1.2.3: Now immune to Confused.
- 126.96.36.199: Drop chance of items reduced.
- 1.2: Introduced.