|Knockback||9 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 1513|
Paladin's Hammer is a Hardmode, post-Plantera boomerang with extreme velocity and knockback, though with one of the shortest ranges of any boomerang. Paladin's Hammer has a 6.67% / 10% (1/15 / 1/10) chance to be dropped from Paladins in post-Plantera Dungeon areas with Brick background walls.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It cannot auto-fire, unlike most late-game weapons. However, in the Mobile version all weapons are granted autoswing, taking full advantage of its fast use speed.
- Increasing melee speed also increases its range, as with most boomerangs.
- While the hammer is clearly visible in darkness, it emits no light.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The infinite piercing of Paladin's Hammer makes it very effective against multi-segmented enemies, which it can strike multiple times in one pass. It is similarly effective against enemies that fire destroyable projectiles, because the hammer can destroy the projectile and damage the caster in one swing.
- It has similar damage and knockback as the Possessed Hatchet. The main difference is that the Paladin's Hammer can pierce, is somewhat faster, and does not home in on enemies.
- When paired with the Dragon armor set and Fire Gauntlet, this weapon can become a highly powerful weapon, possibly dealing a higher DPS than the Terra Blade.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The hammer is a common choice of weapon for paladins in many fantasy games, though they are not often thrown.
- The hammer's throwing function is similar to Mjölnir, the magical hammer wielded by Norse god Thor, which would return to his hand after being thrown.
- This is the only hammer in the game that has no function as a tool, but still activates the "Hammer Time!" achievement.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Boomerangs |
|Wooden • Enchanted • Ice • Fruitcake Chakram • Bloody Machete • Thorn Chakram • Flamarang Flying Knife • Bananarang • Light Disc • Paladin's Hammer • Possessed Hatchet|