|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
The Paladin's Hammer is a rare drop from the Paladin, who is only found in the Hardmode Dungeon. It is an extremely fast returning boomerang, which has one of the shortest ranges for a boomerang-classed weapon. If it gets the proper equipment this weapon can become one of the deadliest available and, with the right modifiers and equipment, can reach or exceed 245 damage. This weapon hits through enemies, proceeding until the hammer hits a solid wall or reaches the limit it can go before returning, allowing for insane accumulative damage against enemies such as the Destroyer. As with all modifiable boomerangs, the best Modifier for the Paladin's Hammer is Godly.
- It cannot autoswing.
- If standing at a certain distance (about 4 blocks) from a 1 block thick wall, the hammer may pass through
- Increasing melee speed also increases the range of boomerangs, which is very effective with this boomerang since it is already fast. It passes through every enemy and deals high knockback.
- It is a recommended weapon for PvP.
- This weapon is effective against enemies that fire destroyable projectiles (such as Corruptors,) because the hammer can destroy the projectile and damage the caster in one swing.
- The only thing preventing the user from firing many hammers at once is the quick return and limited throwing speed. If you have melee speed enhancers and can move quickly away from the hammers, you can sometimes get two or even three hammers at the same time.
- The hammer is a common choice of weapon for paladins in many fantasy games. In most cases however, hammers aren't throwing weapons, nor do they function like boomerangs without the aid of magic.
- This weapon bears a resemblance to Mjölnir, the magical hammer of the Norse god Thor, which would return to his hand after being thrown.
- This weapon also bears a resemblance to the "Blessed Hammer" ability of paladins in Diablo II.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Boomerangs |
|Wooden • Enchanted • Ice • Fruitcake Chakram • Bloody Machete • Thorn Chakram • Flamarang Light Disc • Bananarang • Paladin's Hammer • Possessed Hatchet|
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|