|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
Paladin's Hammer is a Hardmode, post-Plantera boomerang-type melee weapon with extreme velocity and knockback, though with one of the shortest ranges of any boomerang. It pierces an unlimited number of enemies until impacting blocks or reaching its range limit. Paladin's Hammer is a rare drop from Paladins in post-Plantera Dungeon areas with Brick background walls.
As with all modifiable boomerangs, the best Modifier for Paladin's Hammer is Godly.
- It cannot auto-fire, unlike most late-game weapons.
- It can glitch through walls 1 block thick at certain angles/distances.
- Increasing melee speed also increases its range (as with most boomerangs).
- While the hammer is clearly visible in darkness, it emits no light.
- The infinite piercing of the Paladin's Hammer makes it very effective against multi-segmented enemies, which it can strike multiple times in one pass. It is similarly effective against enemies that fire destroyable projectiles, because the hammer can destroy the projectile and damage the caster in one swing.
- This could be one of the best weapons in mobile, as in mobile, all weapons are granted autoswing.
- The hammer is a common choice of weapon for paladins in many fantasy games, though they are not often thrown.
- The hammer's throwing function is similar to Mjölnir, the magical hammer wielded by Norse god Thor, which would return to his hand after being thrown.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Boomerangs |
|Wooden • Enchanted • Ice • Fruitcake Chakram • Bloody Machete • Thorn Chakram • Flamarang Light Disc • Bananarang • Paladin's Hammer • Possessed Hatchet|
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hercules Beetle • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Necromantic Scroll • Papyrus Scarab • Pygmy Necklace • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor • Tiki armor • Spooky armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood • Beetle Husk|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|