|Internal NPC ID: 290|
Paladins are rare, resilient Hardmode enemies that spawn in the Dungeon after Plantera is defeated. They throw hammer projectiles rapidly that can pass through blocks and inflict extreme damage. Paladins only spawn in Dungeon areas with Brick Walls.
- Although The Paladin has a visual height of 4 tiles, they can pass through 3 tile-tall corridors.
- Paladins cannot throw hammers while moving.
- Paladins are exceptionally tough enemies. Their projectile attack is unusually versatile for a non-boss enemy and inflicts extreme damage. A Paladin has more health than Skeletron, and combined with its immunity to knockback, makes it difficult to kill or avoid.
- The Paladin is less likely to target players outside its line-of-sight, or players at higher elevations. Attack from directly above it.
- Don't fight it in hallways, as this leaves no room for dodging, and often leads to a quick death.
- You can interrupt its attacks and prevent it from throwing its hammer by constantly firing at it.
- Its melee attack is much weaker than its hammer throw, so you're better off taking a risk and running through if necessary.
- The Paladin has the highest health of any ordinary enemy (excluding the Headless Horseman and Dungeon Guardian).
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hercules Beetle • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Necromantic Scroll • Papyrus Scarab • Pygmy Necklace • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor • Tiki armor • Spooky armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood • Beetle Husk|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|