Pets are little critters that follow you around. They are completely invincible and have no set duration: They will follow you until you die, summon a different pet, or cancel the associated buff.
Most Pets are purely cosmetic, but some of the console-exclusive Pets can do minimal damage to enemies. Summoned Minions operate similarly, but are primarily intended to aid combat rather than being cosmetic.
|Console Exclusive Pets|
|Buff||Pet||Summoning Item||Item Source||Damages Enemies|
|Bat *||Vial of Blood||Gold Chest|
|Guinea Pig *||Cabbage||Gold Chest, Chest|
|Slime||Petri Dish||Gold Chest, Chest|
|Werewolf||Wolf Fang||Gold Chest|
|Zombie||Brain||Gold Chest, Shadow Chest|
|Mobile Exclusive Pets|
|Android||Shiny Black Slab||Chest|
|File:Pet Cupid.png||Cupid||Broken Heart Crystal||Gem|
- Pets give the player a buff with the same name as the pet without a time limit, which will last until the player dies.
- PC pets do not deal damage, see minions instead.
- Pets do not count towards a player's current minion count.
- Some Pets such as the Cursed Sapling and Baby Truffle provide light for the player which is rather useful when caving or in dark areas.
- The three items below behave much like pets, but are not. They also supply light.