Pets are little critters that follow you around. They are completely invincible and have no set duration: They will follow you until you die, summon a different pet, or cancel the associated buff.
Most Pets are purely cosmetic, but some of the console-exclusive Pets can do minimal damage to enemies. Summoned Minions operate similarly, but are primarily intended to aid combat rather than being cosmetic.
In total, there are 37 pets: 22 on PC, 25 on console, 33 on mobile.
*All pets above are available in the mobile version.
| Console Exclusive Pets
|| Summoning Item
|| Item Source
|| Damages Enemies
|| Bat *
|| Vial of Blood
|| Vampire Miner, Gold Chest
|| Guinea Pig *
|| Dragon Snatcher, Gold Chest, Chest
|| Slime *
|| Petri Dish
|| Corrupt Slime, Gold Chest, Chest
|| Tiphia *
|| Dragon Hornet, Gold Chest, Ivy Chest
|| Werewolf *
|| Wolf Fang
|| Werewolf, Gold Chest, Ivy Chest
|| Zombie *
|| The Groom, Gold Chest, Shadow Chest
- Console-exclusive pet-summoning items now have a chance to drop from certain enemies, typically their respective versions. Their chance to appear in chests seems to have also increased. Pre-1.2 update, these items were extremely rare.
- Pets give the player a buff with the same name as the pet without a time limit, which will last until the player dies.
- PC pets do not deal damage, see minions instead.
- Pets do not count towards a player's current minion count.
- Some Pets such as the Cursed Sapling and Baby Truffle provide light for the player which is rather useful when caving or in dark areas.
- The three items below behave much like pets, but are not. They also supply light.
- 1.2.4: There are several new Pets including the Mini Minotaur. Fixed exploit where you could dupe pets with Bug Net in multiplayer. Fixed bug where other player's pets would disappear after a while (in multiplayer).
- 1.2.2: There are several new pets as well as 1 new mount that will drop off one of the Frost Moon bosses.
- 1.2.1: Added new Halloween themed pets.
- 1.2: There are over 15 new pets that can be found in chests and dropped rarely off enemies.
- 1.1.2: Added Pet Bunny.