Animation of a red Phaseblade.
A Phaseblade is a colorful Lightsaber-like Broadsword weapon with a relatively long reach. It is crafted with 20 Meteorite Bars and 10 of any given Gem (e.g., 10 Diamonds and 20 Meteorite Bars makes a White Phaseblade). All Phaseblade colors have the same stats. Phaseblades emit a small amount of light when swung. Like other Broadswords, Phaseblades are swung over the head.
A Phaseblade can be renewed for Hardmode use by crafting it into a much stronger Phasesaber (see below).
- The different colors can be used to separate teams in player vs player games.
- Phaseblades emit small amounts of light relative to their color. It is probably not a stable and reliable light source, although it allows more movement than a normal sword.
- The Purple Phaseblade is the easiest and fastest to acquire, as Amethyst are inexpensive and common.
- In addition to the weapon's visual appearance, Phaseblades emit a sound effect reminiscent of a Lightsaber from the Star Wars franchise. Further reinforced by the introduction of Crystals in the recipe to make a more powerful blade, and furthermore with the use of gemstones of various color for different colored phaseblades. In Star Wars, a Lightsaber is made out of specific crystals which will determine the color of the blade.
- Furthermore, the upgraded version of the phaseblade, the phasesaber, is similar in name to "lightsaber".
- The Phaseblade can be considered the "Meteorite sword", due to there being no other designated "Meteorite sword", and the fact that it requires Meteorite Bars to build.