|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
- For other items which have pickaxe power, see Drills.
Pickaxes are tools used to remove blocks and mine ores. They can remove placed Wood blocks, as well as placed furniture. However, they cannot remove background walls (this requires a hammer instead). They also double as basic melee weapons. Some of the Hardmode-tier pickaxes have drill counterparts.
New players spawn with a Copper Pickaxe.
Types[edit | edit source]
Effectiveness[edit | edit source]
|Pickaxe Hits Required|
| Demonite Ore
| Cobalt Ore
| Mythril Ore
| Adamantite Ore
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Added four new pickaxes crafted using Luminite Bars and Celestial Fragments.
- 1.2.3: Pickaxe Axe now requires 1 soul from each Mechanical boss to craft. Palladium Pickaxe can no longer mine Adamantite and Titanium.
- 22.214.171.124: Chlorophyte Drill and Pickaxe can now mine Chlorophyte
- 1.2: Pickaxes made to remove furniture and wood blocks. Hardmode metals can be made into pickaxes as well as drills.